The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

Grizz, Include me as another long-time fan who'd(as JamesB noted) like to see JB acquire another top-10 pick. Provided the cost is reasonable.

I think we all would, but yeah, in this draft the costs are likely going to be astronomical. Trading veterans yes, but our top-end prospects I do not think Benning would move, as that's going in the opposite direction of the accelerated rebuild he's been implementing, not to mention quite risky.

Grizz, Appreciate what you're saying, & agree with fans who want to see this team(core) get younger.

Another case study(comparing with other squads) that I see as valuable, is Chicago. Granted they have 4 or 5 stars to build around, but their mgt is aggressive/assertive in obtaining the pieces they want/need, pdq.

It's probably easier to parlay & upgrade fringe pieces after winning it all; but there's some method to this particular madness.

I've been on this board a lot longer, so I outrank you, using your logic. All I can say is: you're a huge douche.

Everyone has a right to post stuff - that's what a forum is for. Stop talking down on the new posters.

It's pretty sad when people have to use CDC to make themselves feel important.

Another case study(comparing with other squads) that I see as valuable, is Chicago. Granted they have 4 or 5 stars to build around, but their mgt is aggressive/assertive in obtaining the pieces they want/need, pdq.

Found it very interesting that right after they won a cup they actually made moves, and not just of peripheral players. Whereas most teams that experience success (including Vancouver after 2011) just kept going with what they have, milking it for all they can with a few minor tweaks, Chicago isn't shy about making more significant changes to move out older or damaged assets to make way for new and keeping the lineup fresh.

Found it very interesting that right after they won a cup they actually made moves, and not just of peripheral players. Whereas most teams that experience success (including Vancouver after 2011) just kept going with what they have, milking it for all they can with a few minor tweaks, Chicago isn't shy about making more significant changes to move out older or damaged assets to make way for new and keeping the lineup fresh.

The moves made immediately after the cup win were a result of being beyond capstarved.

Making good moves to keep them on top was just a nice bonus.

The #tanktards must surely be disappointed with the poor example set by the Comets this year. This competitive winning atmosphere Benning has instilled in the organization is really screwing things up

To be fair, Gillis has a huge stamp on Utica.. Much bigger than Bennings.

Ive been in on this site much longer than you so I can talk hockey whenever whatever I want. But keep the vitriol coming this way Kassian fanboy ( your probably googling the word "vitriol" as we speak)

If your idea is to use start date for accounts to bolster weak logic, and suggest it gives you more credibility....

So if your plan is to whip out start dates and compare them, you were likely still vainly trying to reach the monkey bars at school when I joined here.

I know you probably had your feelings hurt badly when Hodgson got traded so have a biased view of Kassian, but he has not yet shown that he is a total bust like you believe. He has shown the capability of playing in a top 6 role, he just doesn't seem to have his head right to be able to be that player every night. The league is full of big guys who never put it all together to match their skill level (Taylor Pyatt for example showed glimpses of being an elite and even dominating player... unfortunately it was generally for 1-2 games per season).

It is certainly possible and even likely that Kassian never becomes a regular top contributor in the league, but your level of distaste for him is pretty unfounded. Even if he never develops fully, he is still likely a 15-20 goal per season guy and that ain't too shabby.

Awww shucks, did I hurt your feelings.. taking a shot at my job hahaha, grasping at straws.. might i have hit a nerve?. Keep up the internet insults there guy whose most likely sitting at home with his mom in his 40's drinking the gravy he didn't finish with his KFC chicken and fries. Only reason you went with the welcome can I take your order joke, is because that question is burnt into your troll brain from hearing it seven times a day for the past twenty years.. Kassian needs good offensively skilled linemates to play with to fully meet his potential. Stickin him on the third line with Matthias and Richardson is not going to help him offensively succeed

LOL troll brain...thats some amazing vocabulary you have there. Sounds like your pretty worked trying to insunuate me being a fast food employee like yourself which im not. Try to make your comebacks a little more original, but I don't your capable of over thinking yourself with an iq of Kassians goal totals this year.

Keep acting tough, Im just getting a laugh at you Kassian fanboys getting a hissy fit with the excuses. He needs a centre blah blah, wasn't Kesler good enough centre the first half of last season when Kassian was with him? That Jacob Silverberg kid sure looked good playing with a guy that supposedly doesn't use his wingers..but then again, Silverberg is a much much more talented player than Kassian. All I see is a bunch of excuses while a guy like Bo Horvat just produces regardless who he plays with, no PP time. I wouldn't be suprised if Baertchi supplants Kassian up the pecking order and puts up way more points than Kassian

LOL troll brain...thats some amazing vocabulary you have there. Sounds like your pretty worked trying to insunuate me being a fast food employee like yourself which im not. Try to make your comebacks a little more original, but I don't your capable of over thinking yourself with an iq of Kassians goal totals this year.

Keep acting tough, Im just getting a laugh at you Kassian fanboys getting a hissy fit with the excuses. He needs a centre blah blah, wasn't Kesler good enough centre the first half of last season when Kassian was with him? That Jacob Silverberg kid sure looked good playing with a guy that supposedly doesn't use his wingers..but then again, Silverberg is a much much more talented player than Kassian. All I see is a bunch of excuses while a guy like Bo Horvat just produces regardless who he plays with, no PP time. I wouldn't be suprised if Baertchi supplants Kassian up the pecking order and puts up way more points than Kassian

It's insinuate not insunuate...

Second, where were you when Kassian was producing like cray this year with the twins? The Kassian hate is so dumb. Powerforwards usually take longer to produce. This next year will be huge for Kass and I think he'll step up. Btw Shawn Mathias just broke out at the age of 27. Think about that.

This is a Cole Cassels thread anyway so why are you talking about Kassian?

It's insinuate not insunuate...

Second, where were you when Kassian was producing like cray this year with the twins? The Kassian hate is so dumb. Powerforwards usually take longer to produce. This next year will be huge for Kass and I think he'll step up. Btw Shawn Mathias just broke out at the age of 27. Think about that.

This is a Cole Cassels thread anyway so why are you talking about Kassian?

Cray? Try talking in English

produciing like crazy, really? He had 5-6 good games, and did squat for the rest , other than maybe the Anaheim game...yeah hes totally producing as you would say "cray"

Yet another excuse, doesn't get powerplay time, and now powerforwards take this long to produce. You fanboys are such whiners. Brandon Saad is quite the power forward, Tanner Pearson, Emerson Etem, etc. all these guys are power forwards, they are getting better every single year. Kassian has pretty much stayed stagnant or if anything regressed since hes rode the pine pony a few times this year

Try reading the previous posts and see where it starts about Kassian

I can't believe that some peoples first reaction to seeing one of our prospects doing so well as Cole has this season is to trade him away? - why would we want to trade him away if he has been doing so well?

Very excited to see what he can do in Utica next year, probably another year of a stacked comets team!

Some people are never pleased.

We could win the Cup next season and they would still be moaning. It seems to be an itch that no matter how hard they scratch, it just keeps itching.

The irony is they are the same people who would be on here whining if the guy we traded Cassels+ for didn't light it up. It must be a nightmare living in their head.

I love Cole, but if you wouldnt trade him for the 8th overall straight up you wouldnt make a good GM.

But we all know that you don't have a crystal ball and so you use draft position as a substitute for good judgement.

Pavel Bure was 113 o/a and coincidentally we had the 8th pick in the 1989 draft that year too. His name was JASON HERTER who we never even played and went on to play ONE NHL game in his 9 year career for the New York Islanders.

I could go on with many more examples but what would be the point, your fantasy predictions will top anything in real life. So glad you are not our or anyone else's GM.

Cray? Try talking in English

produciing like crazy, really? He had 5-6 good games, and did squat for the rest , other than maybe the Anaheim game...yeah hes totally producing as you would say "cray"

Yet another excuse, doesn't get powerplay time, and now powerforwards take this long to produce. You fanboys are such whiners. Brandon Saad is quite the power forward, Tanner Pearson, Emerson Etem, etc. all these guys are power forwards, they are getting better every single year. Kassian has pretty much stayed stagnant or if anything regressed since hes rode the pine pony a few times this year

Try reading the previous posts and see where it starts about Kassian

Tanner Pearson's a power forward now? When did that happen? And Emerson Etem has never hit double digit anything in the NHL. I know this is off topic but it needs to be said lol, go Cassels!

Archived