The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis To Meet Lu Next Week

TheRussianRocket.

The contract was there screw up and they should have come to the table and found a way out. They are a very profitable team and its we the fans that pay the bills. Don't tell me you don't blame them as they raise the ticket prices year after year pocket the money and refuse to take responsibility for there mistakes. We will have a less competitive team on the ice in years coming because they weren't willing to step up, with all the money we hand to them we deserve better.

I will agree with you to a far lesser degree. It is too bad the new CBA ruined a good thing, Lu's cap hit was and is only 5.33million for an Olympic GOld medal calibre goaltender, that is awesome. New CBA is not the old contract makers faults. But it is a shame that it is at this point right now. Fair compromise on our two positions?

Thanks to those supplying the info I was asking for, much appreciated.

There are lots of people who think GMMG disrespected Lou with how he handled this whole trade deal, but when you look at it Gillis actually did the opposite. As some have also mentioned, offers from other GMs were complete lowballs because of the pickle they knew MG was in. But what did MG say the entire time except that he wasn't going to trade Lou--an elite #1, world class goaltender--for nothing. That, to me, is the opposite of disrespect and quite commendable.

So what were you trying to say?

QFT Quantum Field Theory

QFT Quantitative Feedback Theory

QFT Quoted For Truth (website; slang)

QFT Quantum Fourier Transform

QFT Quality Family Time

QFT Qualified Funeral Trust

QFT Quality Face Time

QFT Quantitative Fluorescence Technique

QFT Quest For Tech, Inc.

QFT Quit Freaking Talking (polite form)

QFT Quite Freaking True (polite form)

The contract was there screw up and they should have come to the table and found a way out. They are a very profitable team and its we the fans that pay the bills. Don't tell me you don't blame them as they raise the ticket prices year after year pocket the money and refuse to take responsibility for there mistakes. We will have a less competitive team on the ice in years coming because they weren't willing to step up, with all the money we hand to them we deserve better.

I think this situation is typical of one of GMMG's biggest faults...

This is an entertainment business, and fans are his customers. He does a poor job of managing communication, and acts like most off ice information is none of the clients business, or presents the information in a condescending manner.

I'd be surprised if there is still an issue with Lu. Why not make a quick announcement that 'ya, were cool'? Allowing it to fester, then coming out with a 'there was never a problem, you guys are idiots' type statement does not endear oneself to the fan base.

If Luongo had given Gillis any indication that he wasn't gonna show up or had no intention on playing for Vancouver, then before he even left Florida there would have been an announcement that we signed Bryzgalov or Thomas or some sort of number 1 goalie. There is no way Gillis would take a chance on his job by waiting for pre season to start to see whether or not Luongo was coming.

I think this situation is typical of one of GMMG's biggest faults...

This is an entertainment business, and fans are his customers. He does a poor job of managing communication, and acts like most off ice information is none of the clients business, or presents the information in a condescending manner.

I'd be surprised if there is still an issue with Lu. Why not make a quick announcement that 'ya, were cool'? Allowing it to fester, then coming out with a 'there was never a problem, you guys are idiots' type statement does not endear oneself to the fan base.

If Luongo had given Gillis any indication that he wasn't gonna show up or had no intention on playing for Vancouver, then before he even left Florida there would have been an announcement that we signed Bryzgalov or Thomas or some sort of number 1 goalie. There is no way Gillis would take a chance on his job by waiting for pre season to start to see whether or not Luongo was coming.

If you believe what Gillis said, it sounds like Lu was light hearted about the whole situation and that him and Gillis laughed about it.

The biggest thing that Lu was sick of was the constant unfair scrutiny of himself. The spotlight was often on him during losses despite all around poor team efforts. That can grow tiresome for a goaltender. Like how can you call him an average goaltender on one hand, and then say he'll be starter for team Canada on the other? It just doesn't add up.

I think if he brings a new zen like approach and can be playful with the media, he'll probably have a much better time, and people will embrace him more.

If you believe what Gillis said, it sounds like Lu was light hearted about the whole situation and that him and Gillis laughed about it.

The biggest thing that Lu was sick of was the constant unfair scrutiny of himself. The spotlight was often on him during losses despite all around poor team efforts. That can grow tiresome for a goaltender. Like how can you call him an average goaltender on one hand, and then say he'll be starter for team Canada on the other? It just doesn't add up.

I think if he brings a new zen like approach and can be playful with the media, he'll probably have a much better time, and people will embrace him more.

I pretty much fell back in love with luongo after his courageous effort in the first two games vs San Jose.

It was tough to see such a gifted goalie have to change his style and basically neuter his athleticism and instinct because of how that groin tear reduced his mobility, but the nights where his head was in it you could see him basically do everything to stop the puck.

Ive never doubted his ability. I just really think its a mental thing with him. Always has been.

Its saying something when a competitor like Joe Thorton says its harder to win vs him in net.

Don't get me wrong I love Schneids too, for a time I was definitely team schneids I was eager to see him lead this new guard, but when he got traded I decided, our players are our players as long as they care about this team and wear the jersey with pride and show it on the ice,

Going forward I will support management on this decision because I do believe they want whats best for the team, just like all of us.

What was that !@#$ AV thinking when he pull Luongo for the last two games this past play off. There's some one Luongo should be mad at. I still think AV shoulders a lot of blame, lets not forget that. I"m so glad we have a different coach.

Archived