The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Highlight pack from camp scrim

Derp...

Jensen was a lot more noticeable than I realized.

He was making some nice rushes and nice passes.

He'll have to learn how to pass if he plays with Kesler. We can't have two shoot first guys on a line, and then Booth who likes to hold onto the puck too.

I also am hoping Kenins gets a contract maybe 2 way, he's got the smarts for the game and some good puck skills. also McEneny was real good. Smart player, picks his spots, reminds me of Hamhuis a bit. He's going to be a real good D man in my opinion, top 4.

Also Cederholm has a pretty good release on his wrister and that was surprising. Hutton skates real well, and LaBate pushes the play nicely. Challenges D men quite often to make a play on him. Kinda reminds me of Kes in the way he just goes straight at the D.

Cassels was everywhere, same with Horvat. Gaunce was the most positionally sound of the C's though. Had a nice backcheck on a 2 on 1 that didn't get in their too.

Shinkaruk had some good moments, that rush and he was playing pretty smart in the ozone, was in the right place a lot of the time, but couldn't find the net. Still good hockey sense skill, and speed when he gets some space. Got man handled in the corners a couple times though.

Blomstrand and Tommernes were also quite good players. Both showed some nice pace and I think will be good at the AHL level this year.

lol, one drag move in a 3 on 3 scrimmage and suddenly our prospects suck. CDC never ceases to amaze me.

Yes, Drouin will likely be a great player being a top 3 pick, but it doesn't discredit the skill that our prospects have. Lots of prospects can do what he did in that video when D-men are standing still.

Judging the future based on a few highlights from a development camp. There's a new one.

you got me all wrong deniro. it was merely a joke. I was more pointing at the fact the drouin looks like he will be a nhl stud this year. I liked the Schneider trade to an extent. I'm glad we drafted bo and jumped off my couch when we landed hunter. it was just a joke.

Archived