The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks negotiating a new contract with Andrew Alberts

"Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". That may not be the exact quote, but close enough to get the point. Seems like we may be headed down this same road for the third season in a row. Although I do believe that change for the sake of change isn't exactly the right move either, I do think that a bit more of a roster shake up was necessary. Maybe Torts will fire this squad up and prove us wrong.

Fistric > Alberts for what this team needs right now. Andrew doesn't have a mean bone in his body.

"Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results". That may not be the exact quote, but close enough to get the point. Seems like we may be headed down this same road for the third season in a row. Although I do believe that change for the sake of change isn't exactly the right move either, I do think that a bit more of a roster shake up was necessary. Maybe Torts will fire this squad up and prove us wrong.

Fistric > Alberts for what this team needs right now. Andrew doesn't have a mean bone in his body.

Where did I say we should trade the Sedins and Burrows? I don't see it? I actually don't think trading Burrows would be that ridiculous. That's just coincidence. I definitely don't think we should trade the Sedins.

Again, for what this team needs right now, it's Fistric > Alberts. That my opinion, deal with it.

Fistric and Alberts are largely a wash and one could argue one over the other all day. Fistric likely brings a bit more hitting/grit, Alberts a bit more defensive dependability. One over the other will not be the difference of us winning the cup or not.

The only problem is when you insert him into the line up he gets walked around and loses his guy down low. Just too damn slow to be able to use... Just watch the highlights of the 2011 Cup Final.. lots of the Boston goals feature Alberts getting walked around and losing his guy... But sure, he is a big serviceable d-man that knows the systems and is cheap.

Signing this guy is just a dumb move all around...

Where did I say we should trade the Sedins and Burrows? I don't see it? I actually don't think trading Burrows would be that ridiculous. That's just coincidence. I definitely don't think we should trade the Sedins.

Again, for what this team needs right now, it's Fistric > Alberts. That my opinion, deal with it.

I told my friend that he looked like a skinny Kevin James, and he didn't see it. I'm glad someone else does.

I'm pretty sure big, serviceable, knows the system, and cheap are generally traits you want in a seventh defender. Not sure how this would be dumb. I don't really like Alberts, but some of the logic used in this thread is ridiculous.

I told my friend that he looked like a skinny Kevin James, and he didn't see it. I'm glad someone else does.

I'm pretty sure big, serviceable, knows the system, and cheap are generally traits you want in a seventh defender. Not sure how this would be dumb. I don't really like Alberts, but some of the logic used in this thread is ridiculous.

Archived