The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund Rumor] Canucks Targeting Brad Boyes

I agree with you that we will be better next year (much better). The Sedins, Kesler, Booth and Burrows are really good, but they are'nt good while there injured and can't play. Injuries will happen even more with Torts expecting them to block more shots. For example, if Booth gets injured for a few weeks, it won't hurt the team with Boyes in the lineup as much as it will with this current roster. Even with a healthy lineup, Boyes will only add to the offencive production, he won't take away from it.

If we sign Boyes for 2 years at 1.5 million per year (500k more than he made last year) and J.S for around 1.15 million (125k more than he made last year), That would leave us with 2.496722 million to sign Tanev and Weise, which we should easily be able to do.

• 2 weeks later...

What makes people think that we will start goal scoreing more goals next year with this current roster? I mean why do people say no to boyes. We need as much offence as we can get. We DESPRATELY need Secondary scoring. What other options do we have?

Really boyes could end up as a Canuck but will need a salary cut since Canucks have lots of salary cap issues

I see the lineups ending up in the following:

D.Sedin, H. Sedin, Burrows

Booth, Kesler, Higgins

Burrows ,Schroeder, Hansen

Santorelli, Richardson, Ferriero

Dman pairings:

Hamhuis, Edler

Garrison, Bieksa

Tanev, Corrado

Even Stregnth:

D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Kassian/Boyes

Higgins, Kesler, Burrows/Hansen

Booth, Schroeder, Boyes/Burrows

Weise, Richardson, Hansen/Kassian

PP1: D. Sedin, H. Sedin, Kesler, Burrows, Edler

PP2: Booth, Schroeder, Boyes, Garrison, Bieksa

So this is as close to useless speculation as it comes, but this is from Andy Graziano,a NYI blogger:

Last night on Twitter, I posted that my gut feeling was that remaining free agents such asMikhail Grabovski, Damien Brunner and even Brad Boyes have pretty much made their decisions on where to sign but are awaiting teams to clear more cap space before making it official.

Archived