The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Realistic Expectations for Kassian

Carrots

Would Gretzky or Crosby score a lot with 4th line minutes? No probably not. Would they, like the Sedins, do something still to wow people? Of course they would.

The point being made was less minutes with less skilled players on your line = less goals scored. You do some things and show promise during camp/practice/in a game, you move up. But that point went way over your head it seems.

Him and Booth showed glimpses of being a great line last season. If they can get a guy who can get them the puck and play well defensively I think they could be a great line. Maybe Schroeder, Richardson or Guance can step in and do that and put Higgins/Hansen with Kesler

Nobody's saying Burrows wasn't a good fit with the Sedins. The problem is the Canucks have difficulties in the playoffs when the going is much tougher. They absolutely need a big tough talented guy like Kassain on the first or second line, to have any chance in the playoffs. Its one of the reasons I preferred Kassain over Hodgson. Burrows would also make Kesler better by playing with him on the second line. We can talk all we want, but Kassain is the one who will have to prove he's up to the task.

If Kassian worked hard at his skating to be able to get back defencevily and on his stanima to be able to play consestant top line minutes and sticks with either of the top lines. I see him getting between 45-55pts. If not than the 35-40pts that most are saying would be acurate.

I'm confused about the thinking on CDC. So, Alex Burrows has done everything anyone could want from a first line winger for the Sedins. He scores, retrieves pucks, is defensively sound and has a nose for the net. And yet, he loses his spot on the top line for a kid who isn't that great, doesn't think the game that well, isn't defensively responsible and has done SQUAT to EARN 2nd line minutes, let alone top line minutes? Yeah..keep on keeping on CDC...Jesus.

I'm confused about the thinking on CDC. So, Alex Burrows has done everything anyone could want from a first line winger for the Sedins. He scores, retrieves pucks, is defensively sound and has a nose for the net. And yet, he loses his spot on the top line for a kid who isn't that great, doesn't think the game that well, isn't defensively responsible and has done SQUAT to EARN 2nd line minutes, let alone top line minutes? Yeah..keep on keeping on CDC...Jesus.

What confuses me is that you don't understand the most basic of ideas, that Kassian be given enough time to learn how to play with the Sedins, and uses a mean streak to "stand up" for them. I'm guessing watching the Sedins get punching bagged in the playoffs didn't bother you, and that his great start with the Sedins last year showed you no potential at all.

Keep on trying to feel superior to others on here because of a lack of real life self esteem... Jesus.

People know Burr and Kesler play well together wand would like to see two scoring lines.

And... Who the hell cares about earning icetime. This isn't a union dock where time served equals promotions. This is a sports team where you put the best combinations to win and if Kass on line 1 equals goals and wins then that's where he goes.

If by accurate you mean "post you most agree with" then sure.

I am going higher than most if he plays 60 plus games with the sedins I am saying 23 to 26 goals and 30 assists. kid can pass the puck. bertuzzi was not a stud till he hit 25, power forwards take awhile but the sedins can speed up that process. if burrows plays with kesler my guess is burrows drops to like 18 goals and 20 assists. give an take with Kass taking burrows spot. I want to see it. burrows was not and is capable of standing up for danny and hank.

Archived