The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Realistic Expectations for Kassian

Carrots

So a lot of people think next year he's going to magically become a solid second line player, based on the fact that he was a best for a few games with the Sedins.

He pretty much played 75% of the season doing nothing and maybe creating a chance but of course with no finish, but don't worry we can jut blame that on AV.

I expect more of the same next year, yeah he will get a little bit better, but no way will he be a solid top 6 player, lets get real guys.

Terrible mistake to trade Hodgson for this guy.

He was solid until AV came along and dropped him to the 4th line ..

He will be a solid top 6 player, anyone saying otherwise doesn't see the potential.

Trade wasn't a mistake, I'd rather have someone who wants to be here

Expectations: 15-20 goals, 30-40 points.

I made a status last week about Kassian's production. Did you know that when playing over 15 mins in a game, Kassian scored in 8/13 games (or at a 47pt pace over 82 games)

That's a 47pt pace when given the minutes, playing mostly without Kesler for the majority of the season. Let's not forget he's only 22yrs old and is a PWF meaning he's not meant to score 100pts but rather 50+ and bring a physical presence.

If he was scoring at a 47pt pace when over 15mins a game, I can't wait to see how he developes as he gets older. And if his twitter is any indication he's been training pretty heavily this offseason working both on the rink, and away from it sharpening up his fighting skills

Edit: My expectations this season for him are easily 42pts while providing a physical presence. I think he has the talent to surpass that tho

So a lot of people think next year he's going to magically become a solid second line player, based on the fact that he was a best for a few games with the Sedins.

He pretty much played 75% of the season doing nothing and maybe creating a chance but of course with no finish, but don't worry we can jut blame that on AV.

I expect more of the same next year, yeah he will get a little bit better, but no way will he be a solid top 6 player, lets get real guys.

Terrible just terrible...yes let's bemoan the loss of Kid CoHo yet again and snivel as though it si meaningful in our lives that we may very well hold the next Bertuzzi in the palms of our hands. Oh woe is us that we finally have someone who can project into a 70 point Power Forward instead of a young smaller sized center who is currently in demand for a ton of cash if reports are correct, so much cash we never would have been able to hold onto him anyways. Oh this is terrible and calamitous...I don't know how we shall ever get over this blah blah blah blah blah. You sound like a 16 year old girl who saw a guy she has a secret crush on holding hands with her best friend. Just drop it, the trade happened and we have a player the likes of which we needed in our system for good or ill. His realistic expectations? Torts and Gulutzan will use him on the 2nd PP unit and 1st and 3rd lines to crash nets bang on the boards and be a serious net presence. 17 goals 22 assists for a measly and terrible 39 points what a god awful trade. I wish my grass was as emo as this post so it would cut itself

If we do not include the five goals in seven game stint that Kassian produced with the Sedins he has three goals in 56 regualr season games as a Canuck.

He has not registered a point in eight playoff games.

My expectation is that he simply does better,begins to play a responsible two-way game where he is rewarded with more ice from consistent effort.

AV was a massive reason for Kassian's struggles. The idiot put Kassian alongside pieces of trash such as Ebbett and expected him to produce. Kassian was the only player who played with pretty much every forward last season. No wonder he couldn't find chemistry when the coach is too stupid to draw up the lines properly.

Archived