The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best concert you've been to?

NikiShiz

Not necessarily the best show I've seen, but I saw City and Colour at Rock the Shores a month ago and it was phenomenal. Dallas Green got the crowd to chant "Sh1t, Damn, Motherfker."

The Sheepdogs were there as well and they were great too.

Not necessarily the best show I've seen, but I saw City and Colour at Rock the Shores a month ago and it was phenomenal. Dallas Green got the crowd to chant "Sh1t, Damn, Motherfker."

The Sheepdogs were there as well and they were great too.

Frank Zappa at the Pacific Coliseum - his band was ridiculously talented, probably the best I've seen

Chili Peppers at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC - naked people everywhere, the whole crowd outside the VIP area was the mosh pit

Johnny Cash and Beck in Austin, TX - at the SXSW festival in 1994, Cash still had a lot of life in him

Garbage at the Metropolis in Mtl - for their 2nd record, went there with a huge crowd of people, it was like a private show

Paul Simon - Steve Gadd was playing drums, huge fan of that guy

I saw Zappa when I was pretty young, maybe my 10th concert out of 1000+, but it left a lasting impression

Beatles in Van and Seattle back in the day, Elton in PG, Clapton everytime, Knopfler every time, Van Morrison at QE and at Rogers .. John Hiatt at the Commodore, John Lee Hooker at the Commodore, Merle Haggerd in PG, Bonnie Raitt in PG, Stones in London, Roy Forbes at the Art Space .. B)

Me and a buddy got blacked out drunk in Saskatoon around 1998. I woke up in the morning with a Dixie chicks T-shirt on and was like WTH?

Then I walked into the living room and saw my buddy sleeping on the couch with one of those really tight belly shirts that was all frilly along the bottom, I then noticed it also said Dixie chicks on it.

I remember whispering out loud "I guess we went to the Dixie chicks"

I then started getting a wave of flashbacks and it wasn't pretty for the people sitting around us and even stranger neither of us remember how we got into the concert.

I'm pretty sure we got kicked out though

I honestly don't remember too much but from what some friends told us we went to the bar in our Dixie chick shirts and everyone loved us.

I will always remember the concert I forgot.

What a blast.

Ive seen a lot of shows, but off the top of my head these ones were amazing. I went home amazed at what i just saw.

Eels - Toronto 2006. Best show ive ever seen. Had a full orchestra, and singer E was captivating with his storytelling, sense of humour, and songs. They came out for 3 encores (last time in their pajamas lol) most ive ever seen.

Hayden - Vancouver 2013, Toronto 2005. Hes a great songwriter and just as great live performer. Catch him if you can. Same deal as Eels above.

Jewel - Vancouver 2002, 2008. In addition to being sexy as hell, shes really talented, and really engages the audience with her songs, humour, storytelling....notice a theme here? yes i like it when the performer makes a connection to the audience..

Disturbed - Vancouver 2002. Flat out bone crunching metal/rock. They werent as good though when i saw them in 2010.

Neil Young - Montreal 1996, Vancouver 2012. Ive seen Neil 7 times, but these two were the best. Crazy Horse just brings out the best in him, great high energy jamming.

Lindsey Buckingham - Vancouver 2007. In the midst of a 200 show tour, yet he gave it everything he had, full respect.

Honorable mention - the Decemberists, Headwater, Pearl Jam, the National, the Tragically Hip, 5450, Barenaked Ladies, etc

Yeah I forgot Gogol Bordello on my earlier list but they are one of the better live acts I've seen. So much energy. I saw them twice, once in Vancouver which was probably the better performance, but the second was way more memorable since it was at an abandoned air force base outside Hamburg, Germany.

Archived