The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Santorelli was a genius signing + your ideal shootout lineup

мeтpо

Santorelli looks to be a very good AHL player who has only had one good NHL season. It looks like he has been moved around a lot (Nash, Fla, Win) so perhaps he has never really adjusted to (whatever) teams' system. His +/- doesn't look good either. It doesn't look very encouraging for him to make the team.

Another BC boy, so I'm hoping he can settle into a role on this team and play some decent hockey. I've heard that he has good stats on the SO, which is something the Canucks are in need of.

Santorelli could be a pleasant surprise to alot of people. His one good season was centering Booth, so there is established chemistry there. I don't know where he'd fit into a healthy roster if Gillis is true to his word regarding youth and size, but I think he might break into the lineup after an injury and make a case to stay in it.

around 50 percent in his career thus far, certainly a good option when he's in the line up i think i'd go schroeder, santo, higgins, burr, kesler. if schroeder and santorelli aren't in the line up, same order without them first.

I think he is brought in to be this years ebbet sits out comes in when injury or roster constraints that prevent us from calling up rookies like the salary cap and if some one isn't injured enough to go onto IR but can't play.

Why the hell would we want a repeat of the Ebbett debacle? We finally get rid of that scrub and people think we are going to use someone else in his role (useless piece of garbage)?

Santorelli looks to be a very good AHL player who has only had one good NHL season. It looks like he has been moved around a lot (Nash, Fla, Win) so perhaps he has never really adjusted to (whatever) teams' system. His +/- doesn't look good either. It doesn't look very encouraging for him to make the team.

Another BC boy, so I'm hoping he can settle into a role on this team and play some decent hockey. I've heard that he has good stats on the SO, which is something the Canucks are in need of.

He has only played 7 games in the AHL in the past 3 seasons, looks like to me that he will be 13/14 forward and suit up if an injury occurs in the top 6. Maybe he gets sent down to Utica which could be a risk of waiver but I don't see him being that big of a loss. His history doesn't suggest that he is an everyday NHL player on a team like the canucks, played 34 games last season between Flo/Win, two teams that needed offense but only produced 2g/2a. Even playing 60 and 82 games in the previous 2 NHL season he didn't exactly light it up on offense. Someone suggested that he will play a role such as Jeff Tambellini which I think is realistic. If he happens to be in a game that goes to shootout, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the lineup but I doubt we see much of him barring multiple injuries in the top 6.

Can't see the current roster winning many shootouts though but I would go with.

Burrows

Schroeder

Kesler

Why the hell would we want a repeat of the Ebbett debacle? We finally get rid of that scrub and people think we are going to use someone else in his role (useless piece of garbage)?

I don't think you understand how depth works in the NHL. Ebbett is a good depth guy who can slot in anywhere in the lineup, he was responsible in both ends and had a bit of skill. You don't want him playing every night but you know that if he comes in he won't be a liability....thats all you can reasonably expect from depth guys.

This guy was an absolutely brilliant signing. We want to win shootouts next season? This is the guy.

No more losing shootouts.

My lineup:

Edler

Santorelli

Kesler

Burrows

Booth

and a big BUT...you need someone in your goal that can stop the puck...Lou is pretty bad in shootouts !!!

Henrik Sedin - art ross winner, nuff said

Bieska (wicked right hand shot)

Richardson (has won the cup)

Buth - i think he's got it in him if he stays out of the hospital

raymond (if he's still with us)

Richardson has tried one shoot out attempt in his life (he missed), and you want to make him a shooter because "he has won the cup".

And Henrik Sedin is 0-3 lifetime, but he won the Art Ross Trophy some years back, so make him a shooter too.

Bieska is 0-2.

At least you guys are due, since none of them have ever scored a shoot out goal.

I don't think you understand how depth works in the NHL. Ebbett is a good depth guy who can slot in anywhere in the lineup, he was responsible in both ends and had a bit of skill. You don't want him playing every night but you know that if he comes in he won't be a liability....thats all you can reasonably expect from depth guys.

Ebbett was not good. He was USELESS in the offensive end, provided zero grit or skill. He was a total liability out there due to the fact that he is nowhere close to a legit NHLer.

Ebbett was not good. He was USELESS in the offensive end, provided zero grit or skill. He was a total liability out there due to the fact that he is nowhere close to a legit NHLer.

Well I agree with some of what you said, if you produce zero offence, provide zero grit or skill, that doesn't mean you are a liability.

Archived