The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let Lack compete for the starting job

King Heffy

Bottom line is if your goalie only gives you a chance to win in 4 out of 7 games, winning 3 of them is pretty good. Regardless of how he played in the home games, playing worse than an ECHL backup in Boston was unacceptable and he should have been moved immediately after.

A big problem for the lack of scoring was AV. He was finally held accountable for his dreadful coaching decisions. You simply aren't going to win many playoff series when your goalie turns into a sieve as often as Luongo did in the SCF. The 3 Chicago series show that this issue is not a fluke, and Luongo is prone to digging his team a hole. That's simply unacceptable for a goalie you consider "elite". We absolutely need a plan B in case Luongo shows signs that his playoff consistency hasn't improved.

A big problem for the lack of scoring was AV. He was finally held accountable for his dreadful coaching decisions. You simply aren't going to win many playoff series when your goalie turns into a sieve as often as Luongo did in the SCF. The 3 Chicago series show that this issue is not a fluke, and Luongo is prone to digging his team a hole. That's simply unacceptable for a goalie you consider "elite". We absolutely need a plan B in case Luongo shows signs that his playoff consistency hasn't improved.

Given the Luongo interview making it appear likely that he won't be back after the upcoming season, I think it's time to give Lack a legit shot at the #1 spot if he outplays Lu. It would be incredibly dangerous to rely on Luongo, and then put in an untested goalie when Roberto starts to play like trash in the playoffs yet again.

We have a new coach who won't be playing favourites nearly as much as the idiot he replaced. Goaltending should be no exception. Either Luongo plays well enough to be the undisputed starter or he can spend another season as a backup.

I agree with u op. loungo won't be here for more than 1or 2 more seasons and we all know he is gonna play terrible at some point during the playoffs.. If lack is outplaying him then let him run with it. I doubt this happens cuz torts wants to ride Lou hard but I wouldn't be surprised if it does..

Jus cuz Cory was traded doesn't mean Lou wants to be here and I highly doubt he will still be here in a season or 2.

-OP starts thread

-Some posters disagree with OP's opinion

-Posters begin to insult and threaten OP instead of engaging in intelligent discussion

Seriously if you don't like someone's opinion, you don't have to insult them. You sure as hell don't need to talk about throwing them through doors and what not.

There are some serious morons on this forum. I don't need to name them, you know who you are.

Luongo got it right when he said. "My contract sucks."

Luongo would be in demand on any resonable contract with say a 5-6 year length. Gillis thought he was smart making a long term contract to exploit a loophole. Now he's screwed by that same contract. Looks like the NHL got the last laugh.

And that contract pretty much makes him unmovable. I've accepted the fact we're going use a buyout on him. I'm pretty sure the owners won't be too happy about that.

Here's to hoping Luongo can get to his old form and have a world class year of winning an Olympic Gold Medal, and a Stanley Cup.

-OP starts thread

-Some posters disagree with OP's opinion

-Posters begin to insult and threaten OP instead of engaging in intelligent discussion

Seriously if you don't like someone's opinion, you don't have to insult them. You sure as hell don't need to talk about throwing them through doors and what not.

There are some serious morons on this forum. I don't need to name them, you know who you are.

Because he allowed 3 goals while the rest of the team scored 0?

Because the team managed only 1 shot on their 2 PPs but gave up 2 shorthanded chances, one of which was bungled badly by Erhoff who not only failed to prevent the shot but then tripped the Bruin, sending him into Luo, knocking the puck out of his pads and into the net?

Because in all of the playoffs that year we only won 2 games in which Luo allowed 3 goals whereas Boston won 2 games in which Thomas gave up 3, a game in which he gave up 4 and a game in which he gave up 5 goals, meaning despite Luo's blowouts at the end of the day even if we had won that game and he had still allowed 3 goals, we would have won the freaking Cup by having to "overcome" the goalie less times than Boston did just to make it to Finals?

If there's blame for not winning Luo absolutely gets his share, especially for the Boston games. But he doesn't get more than the rest of the team combined. And he surely does not get blame for the 4 home games in which he allowed only 5 goals total. We've swept teams with less than that.

Archived