The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Let Lack compete for the starting job

King Heffy

Luongo will be our starter forever.... That's why we traded Schneids rather than Lu Plus Luongo will have a bounce back season this season and win the Cup for our Canucks this year Also the new hockey equipment rule will probably benefit Luongo GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!! :)

Luongo will be our starter forever.... That's why we traded Schneids rather than Lu Plus Luongo will have a bounce back season this season and win the Cup for our Canucks this year Also the new hockey equipment rule will probably benefit Luongo GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!! :)

Given the Luongo interview making it appear likely that he won't be back after the upcoming season, I think it's time to give Lack a legit shot at the #1 spot if he outplays Lu. It would be incredibly dangerous to rely on Luongo, and then put in an untested goalie when Roberto starts to play like trash in the playoffs yet again.

We have a new coach who won't be playing favourites nearly as much as the idiot he replaced. Goaltending should be no exception. Either Luongo plays well enough to be the undisputed starter or he can spend another season as a backup.

If you watched the whole interview, not just the first 2 parts....you would see Luongo is in a good mindset.

Also, obviously Lack will get a fair chance. He's going to be the back-up. If he plays incredibly well, he'll get more playing time. Just like they did with Schneider.

Lack will have to outplay Ericsson first to be the legit back-up.

Of course Lack should be allowed to compete for the starting job. I don't see Lack outplayed Luongo this season, but then again everything is possible. When Lack gets his chances and Luongo has to take a break we'll see how he plays, if he does play good and acceptable let him continue with the job. We saw that with Schneider aswell, when Schneider got his chance to play he played acceptable continued to play then we all saw what happened.

I believe that Eriksson will be the back up to Lu, Luongo will be the starter this season in my opinion.

I call Eriksson for dark horse.

Lack is probably the most overated player in the Canucks system right now. He had very average AHL stats last season, is coming off injury, has never played an NHL game and people think he's the next Schneider for some reason.

He can barely be expected to back-up considering his numbers let alone challenge Luongo for starter.

Meanwhile we have Eriksson who was the best European goaltender last season, put up unbelievable numbers in the regular season and was even more clutch in the playoffs with a GAA of around 1. Right now Luongo > Eriksson > > > > Lack

Lack is probably the most overated player in the Canucks system right now. He had very average AHL stats last season, is coming off injury, has never played an NHL game and people think he's the next Schneider for some reason.

He can barely be expected to back-up considering his numbers let alone challenge Luongo for starter.

Archived