The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Comets 2-5 Oilers

JE14

Hate to say it but Sestito iced the puck so many freaking times last night.

Can't handle him when we could have Gaunce or Santorelli on that 4th line instead.

LOL @ schroeder getting owned

All the kids look amazing, expect ironically the 2 that floated and got injured, while Shinkuruk was a presence all night.

Shinkuruk Horvat Kassian is gonna be the best line in the league in 2/3 years I guarantee it, if only Shinkuruk got that tip in to make it 2-2 we would have won the game.

My lineup after tonight:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (give him a little shot with the twins, short leash)

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Hansen - Schroeder - Higgins

Shinkaruk - Richardson - Santorelli

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Weber

Alberts

Corrado

Luongo

Lack

I really hope Gaunce, Shinkaruk and Santorelli make the team. Jensen too, but I'm sensing there will not be a spot for him, at least not yet. Bo might be the victim of the success the three aforementioned have had.

Last night's game looked exciting, and the final score doesn't really tell the whole story.

This was a pre-season game with almost fifty million dollars in salary not playing I clouding the Sedins, Kesler, Bieksa, Burrows and Luongo.

It was a 2-1 Oilers game for three quarter of the game and our rookies got it done. This was not about the win but a showcase of what the Canucks have in their system.

Considering the Canucks iced their rookies against an almost full NHL Oilers' lineup and managed to rough them up rather well, I believe this game was a very good success.

I see it as a reverse of talent level. The Canucks usually beat on the Oilers and the Oilers beat our rookies.

Kassian stood out with his play along the boards. His presence and strength in the O-zone kept the play going.

Shinkaruk really wants to make the team and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the lineup on opening night.

All night long Gaunce was at the right place at the right time. If Tanev "could play with a cigarette in his mouth" then Gaunce could play the game on a long chair.

When Shinkaruk was being harassed by an Oilers, Lain came in and pushed the player and he turned around to see who it was and immediately stopped and skated away.

Schroeder is as ineffective as a smurf in a giant's sand box. He got injured blocking a shot but he shouldn't be in the West anyways. I see him packaged for someone that meets immediate needs TBD.

Santorelli played amazing. He is quite a nice surprise. He could very well stick with the team.

Our kids were banging all night and they woke the Oilers up. But that type of banging from our vets could do wonders. Having 1-3 of those rookies would definitely inspire the vets to activate collective beast mode.

After this game, if I were a vet, I would be working my ass off because there are some threats coming up.

I for one, am glad for it.

Santorelli is making a great case for himself. At the beginning of the season I had Richardson as 4C because I wanted a rookie in the third spot, but he definitely deserves to start there.

Weber is only reiterating my view that he belongs as our 6th D.

I thought we played a solid game. There were a couple of chances we could have finished on and it would have been a win. The injuries are rough. Hopefully Schroeder really is just bruised and will be back soon.

I thought it was a pretty good game. In fact IMO in all the pre-season games so far, the team has played 60 minutes. Looked stronger as the game went on. Even when injuries have occurred.

The prospects have looked fine. Almost all of them. The bar is higher. We are seeing actual competition for spots. Not just lip service. And that's a good thing. Both for the players and the organization.

Newbies, Santorelli = Raymond. Weber = Ballard. Richardson = Lapierre. Lack = Schneider. On paper these are all downgrades necessary due to cap restrictions. But I think they are great replacements who could easily exceed expectations.

Priority for the vets is to get into game shape without getting hurt.

Missed most of the second, so this is only based on the 1st and 3rd, but of our new guys, Weber, Santorelli and Lack were very good. Hansen and Higgins of course impressed as well.

Conversely, I actively dislike Sestito being on this team. Was hoping he might improve over the off season the way Alberts did a few years ago, but he looks just as useless. I haven't disliked a Canuck this much since Hordichuk. Get rid of him

First NHL goal, ties the game, nice goal at that. Yak's goal was with less than 5 minutes left with his team already winning. Remember last year when he did that stupid celebration in the final game of the regular season weeks after the Oilers were eliminated?

Can't wait until the final game of the season between the Canucks and the Oilers, with the fans celebrating they beat us even though their team is already eliminated from the playoffs.

Archived