The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Blue Jackets @ Canucks - Friday 7PM

Alex the Great

Got lucky there.

LU moving to his left scares me. When under pressure, his only response appears to go head-first. Very fortunate twice on passes across to that side where he couldn't get across and the net was wide open!

Nice to see some bounces going our way. Save some for tomorrow...we're going to need them against the Hawks.

Lots of dirty/ugly goals and puck luck, which is exactly what we need. Hopefully we go out and really pour it on in the third and add another 1-2 goals so we can go into the Chicago game filled with confidence.

Our luck hasn't changed, we just have guys in a position to take advantage of the luck, ie Henrik crashing the net.

These are my thoughts also. These Canucks remind me a lot of the Kings. They play a similar style that the Kings did in 2012. A grindy, work for your goals type style. The Kings couldn't score to save their life in the first half but heated up later on and eventually cruised to the cup. I'm not giving up on this team until they're mathematically eliminated or in the handshake line on the losing end. I still think they need another top 6 forward though. One would really help.

Totally... I'm not saying we're sure fire cup-contenders but it's a different look than the last few years.. we ARE grittier and our vets seem hungry with some quality experience under their belts. I agree Gillis could make a move to help us out, but in the meantime we seem to have some of the intangibles that could really help out in the post season.

We're not physical enough yet and we need cohesion in our 3rd and 4th lines.

???? Our 3rd line scoring has been a revealation...agreed that the 4th line is being exposed, and the Kings had Stoll et al....but, its different. The Kings coalesced around an incredible goaltender, and went on a sick and historic run.

this we had one bad game in how long even though we lost the last few after dominating the other teams..

LA, Dallas, and Florida were horrible games.

Don't be fooled by perimeter shots. They haven't been going to the areas you need to to score. Tonight they have.

Is it just me or does this guy always try to kill the vibe when we're playing good?

Are we really playing "good" though? I saw a team that for the most part got outplayed by Columbus in the second and got a couple lucky bounces. I'll reserve judgement until after the Hawks game.

I'm used to this from Samjam as he gets a kick out of trolling me, but just like you guys say I'm negative which really isn't true, I can call you guys cocky. Pick your poison.

They're also missing Wisniewski. It's good though because it may give them some good momentum going up against the Blackhawks. These are the type of games you're supposed to win and if you can blow them out it's a bonus.

Not blowing them out would be cause for concern. CBJ played last night and got blown out by the Oilers. They should be tired and are without 4 of there starters including their best players. The Nucks are rested and basically healthy. Still nice to see the guys score after being so snake-bitten. Tomorrow will show us if the Panthers game was an anomaly.

???? Our 3rd line scoring has been a revealation...agreed that the 4th line is being exposed, and the Kings had Stoll et al....but, its different. The Kings coalesced around an incredible goaltender, and went on a sick and historic run.

Sorry I should have added more cohesion. The 3rd line has been excellent and gaining a bit more confidence..but I'm still worried the 3rd and 4th won't be able to handle the tough minutes in a playoff series.

:picard:

Because what they say to the media is always the truth...

There's no way the doubt doesn't start to creep in when you lose 5 in a row and only muster 6 goals.

I don't think they were doubting the system. They knew they were getting chances just couldn't finish, and that doesnt have anything to do with the system. The players believe in Torts and I losing streak wont change that I don't think, especially with a veteran set of guys like we have that understand the ups and downs of a season.

Archived