The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Considered Trading Edler to Detroit

Gillis doesn't seem to understand the value of his own players.

I understand being player friendly but at some point you have to remove yourself from the emotional attachment to a player to see his current value objectively.

With his total mishandling of the Luongo situation and further denial to make a move yet because he "wants to see the full team in action" and because the deals "are not good enough" right now is crazy.

He obviously has no clue how to make a hockey trade. Gillis is a wannabe GM who is a player agent.

Gilman handles the contract negotiations already why not let him make the call on trades and let Gillis focus on the business side.

Gillis has too much power and doesn't know what to do with it.

MG wanted 4 pieces?!?!?!?!

No wonder a trade didn't get done...WTF MG

I would have been fine with Nyquist/Tatar and a 1st....That would have been fair value for Edler because...

Our defense could have been

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Tanev

Alberts-Corrado/Stanton

***filled youth+vets

and our prospects could have been

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Mantha

Cassels-Nyquist-Jensen

Archibald-Gaunce-Kassian

Come on guys, check the source before you eat whatever is spoon fed to you.

The original post on the Province site doesn't even bother hinting at an anonymous source or anything. Just conjecture spewed as a fact. Botch also implies that Edler was playing perfectly up until this season, until Torts and Garrison gave him some 'bad habits'. Funniest part, and I couldn't even make this kind of thing up, is the whole section is laid out under the heading 'Best Story'.

Classic Botch Job.

http://blogs.theprov...-shanahan-what/

If GIllis didn't accept 3 useful pieces for our worst defenceman, this is even worse than not buying out Luongo and trading Schneids. Thanks to Gillis, we're now stuck with 2 bad contracts because he keeps asking for too much. At the rate Edler's playing, he'll be a buyout candidate this offseason.

If there's any truth to this, Gillis needs to be fired.

Franzen, Nyquist, Mantha, and 1st for Kesler and Edler.

No way Kesler is getting traded. We lack centers already, we don't need to trade one away. I wouldn't trade Kesler unless a young centerman with tons of potential is coming back, like B. Schenn.

If GIllis didn't accept 3 useful pieces for our worst defenceman, this is even worse than not buying out Luongo and trading Schneids. Thanks to Gillis, we're now stuck with 2 bad contracts because he keeps asking for too much. At the rate Edler's playing, he'll be a buyout candidate this offseason.

If there's any truth to this, Gillis needs to be fired.

You guys are so dramatic when it comes to this type of stuff. Relax, am sure we could still get something decent for Edler.

helm, tatar, 1st

or

abdelkader, kindl, 1st

either i would love. especially if we picked mantha with the 20th overall.

With that package, we would sure have a much brighter future.

Then in the next 2 years:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Tatar

Kassian-Helm-Burrows

Hansen-Gaunce-Sestito

Mg is an odd guy isn't he...

Asks way too much for luongo and edler and then practically gives away grabner, Hodgson and Schneider

Those are the 3 biggest pieces mg has traded over his tenure and what do we have on the team to show for it, kassian and horvat on the way

Archived