The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Considered Trading Edler to Detroit

funny how you guys believe Botchford right away.

Anyone who believes him for a second in this related article is an idiot. Yes. All those who believed him after reading the opening post in this thread.... your a moron for believing it so quickly.

I don't believe this for a second. At least a more valid source, but none of them are very valid right now. Botchford is an Eklund to me.

Anyone who believes him for a second in this related article is an idiot. Yes. All those who believed him after reading the opening post in this thread.... your a moron for believing it so quickly.

I don't believe this for a second. At least a more valid source, but none of them are very valid right now. Botchford is an Eklund to me.

I remember bob mackenzie on tsn during draft day talking about edler getting traded. this isn't some homegrown bs.

Gillis has never been a GM that was able to push a deal. Perhaps his credibility still isn't there with other GM's with more experience.

I'm betting if Peter Chiarelli was our GM this deal would have been done already--with us possibly coming out on top!

Pee wee Herman could come out and slam gillis by saying he had a deal to move booth for 6 first round picks and cdc would jump all over it.

Not sure what to believe in terms of this being even remotely true because once again I don't think this guy is credible but regardless: even if they had traded him for a first round pick we would have $5 million off the books and 3.. 3!!! First round picks in that hella deep draft.. That woulda been sweet!!

I don't know what would make Gillis think he could get away with asking for 4 pieces.

Rick Nash, with his big cap hit and decreasing production, got 4 pieces and all Columbus had to do was give up a 3rd rounder and throwaway prospect. Why wouldn't a 40+ point defenceman be able to get us something similar (maybe not a Dubinsky level piece in return) if we throw in a 3rd and Stephen Anthony?

It all depends on what those pieces were. If they were unproven prospects then it'd likely be a much easier sell. If they were roster pieces of any worth then that makes it tougher. A blend, then maybe, but this is all just more noise from Botchford well after the fact trying to drum up readership.

Come on guys, check the source before you eat whatever is spoon fed to you.

The original post on the Province site doesn't even bother hinting at an anonymous source or anything. Just conjecture spewed as a fact. Botch also implies that Edler was playing perfectly up until this season, until Torts and Garrison gave him some 'bad habits'. Funniest part, and I couldn't even make this kind of thing up, is the whole section is laid out under the heading 'Best Story'.

Classic Botch Job.

http://blogs.theprov...-shanahan-what/

Exactly. Botchford = Eklund = poop

deal could probably still happen.... Detroit would use Mantha's production as even more leverage but I could see us getting something like Mantha, ouellet, 3rd for Edler. I would totally do that.

I would do Mantha for Edler straight up...

i remember that evening well... the buzz all over twitter from detroit insiders and fans was nyquist, smith, pick.... but also that vancouver wanted more, and the deal was broken.... its funny that botch is "breaking the story", cause i heard this nearly 6 months ago...lol.

i like nyquist, but smith is too one dimensional imo. no size or physicallity either.

i think most fans on this site under rate Edlers actual trade value, and by a fair margin.

i remember that evening well... the buzz all over twitter from detroit insiders and fans was nyquist, smith, pick.... but also that vancouver wanted more, and the deal was broken.... its funny that botch is "breaking the story", cause i heard this nearly 6 months ago...lol.

i like nyquist, but smith is too one dimensional imo. no size or physicallity either.

i think most fans on this site under rate Edlers actual trade value, and by a fair margin.

If I was Gillis I would've taken that in half of a heartbeat. I wonder what round the pick was.

Would anyone do Edler for Helm straight up?

No. I really don't get you and your proposals. Just yesterday you came up with these:

Edler, Jensen, 2nd to Philly for B. Schenn and Voracek

Edler to Montreal for Pacioretty

Edler, Schroeder to Carolina for Skinner

Edler to Washington for Brouwer/Johansson, Orlov, Kusnetsov (outside chance?)

Now today you seem to be suggesting he's worth Helm. Do you think his value dropped that much in one day or are you insanely over-valuing Helm?

Gillis doesn't seem to understand the value of his own players.

I understand being player friendly but at some point you have to remove yourself from the emotional attachment to a player to see his current value objectively.

With his total mishandling of the Luongo situation and further denial to make a move yet because he "wants to see the full team in action" and because the deals "are not good enough" right now is crazy.

He obviously has no clue how to make a hockey trade. Gillis is a wannabe GM who is a player agent.

Gilman handles the contract negotiations already why not let him make the call on trades and let Gillis focus on the business side.

Gillis has too much power and doesn't know what to do with it.

Huzzah he speaks the truth

Archived