The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat ripping it up with Team Canada; Shinkaruk gets cut

Kanucklehead10

Horvat looked amazing today with McDavid and Reinhart. I can't wait to see this line dominate the tournament and to see Horvat play so well throughout the year in London makes me excited for the Canucks' future. I can't wait to see what he brings a couple years down the road.

Reinhart on Horvat: "It's really easy to play out there when Bo is winning like 95% of the faceoffs"

Sutter on Horvat's line: "I'll definitely keep that line together if they play the way they did today....... Bo is a very smart player and for him to be in between two highly skilled players is a good combination"

It's too bad Shinkaruk got cut, I was hoping for both of the canucks prospects to make the team..... hope it doesn't hurt his confidence.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/story/?id=439493

"Team Canada's junior squad released two players on Friday after the team beat Finland 4-2 in a pre-tournament game - defenceman Damon Severson and forward Hunter Shinkaruk.

Shinkaruk has five goals and 11 assists in 18 games for Medicine Hat this season."

Not to sound like a troll.. But I have concerns about us having 2 skilled players of our own to play with Bo when he gets here lol

In fact I can't even name one skilled winger that we have right now that would do well with Bo .., maybe Shinkaruk?

Kassian, Shinkaruk, Kesler on wing? Remember Kassian is a young guy only gonna get better.

Kassian, Shinkaruk, Kesler on wing? Remember Kassian is a young guy only gonna get better.

Oh I definitely wouldn't mind

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Kassian

Higgins Cassels Hansen

As top 9 In the future, but then we will have to consider what to do with the likes of Burrows, Booth and Santorelli... blah Hopefully it'll work out

Shinkaruk has been a bit of a disappointment thus far this year. Last year, he was better than Horvat offensively, but Horvat was much better all around. This year, Horvat is better all around as well as offensively. Hopefully Shinkaruk can pick it up.

Shinkaruk dealing with shoulder/hip issues if I recall. Not surprised he got cut. He needs to heal up instead of kill himself for a spot on the WJC

Also, if there is a trade this year that gets us Reinhart or Ekblad it needs to be made. Alternatively, if there is a trade this year that gets us a shot at McDavid next year, it needs to be made tommorrow

Bo has had a great first half to this season. He has the confidence of the WJC coach. Shink has been a disappointment. Ya he's been injured but if you look up his comments he admits that he had a motivation problem after being cut by the Canucks. Right now it looks like Bo is going to be on the Canucks next year and Shink is not. Hoping that Shinkaruk can step it up.

Did your crystal ball tell you that? :picard:

It's better to try predict stuff then "lets wait and see cause i have no mind to make a prediction herp derp". Adds substance to the thread.

Glad BoHo is ripping it up, lets hope it's not just because he is with good players. Would've been nice to see Shink there but sometimes things don't go your way. Hopefully he bounces back and rips up the rest of the season in the Dub.

Shinkaruk dealing with shoulder/hip issues if I recall. Not surprised he got cut. He needs to heal up instead of kill himself for a spot on the WJC

Also, if there is a trade this year that gets us Reinhart or Ekblad it needs to be made. Alternatively, if there is a trade this year that gets us a shot at McDavid next year, it needs to be made tommorrow

What if there's a trade for both?

:bigblush:

But seriously I'd wager Edler to an Eastern team that needs defence and is looking like they'll have a bottom 10-5 finish.

What if there's a trade for both?

:bigblush:

But seriously I'd wager Edler to an Eastern team that needs defence and is looking like they'll have a bottom 10-5 finish.

Edler to the Isles for this year or next years 1st round pick is our best overall chance. This year nets us a potential Tavares type player or a franchise D man and the Isles being as terrible as they are and knowing every other team in the east is only getting better gives us our best shot at McDavid next year. Besides if we traded to the Isles for a 1st and a prospect i'd guess they'd wanna give the canucks the 2015 pick just in case.

Imagine if we gave the "next crosby" to the Oil or the Flames. I'd assume Snow wouldn't wanna do the with the sabres

Archived