The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat ripping it up with Team Canada; Shinkaruk gets cut

Kanucklehead10

Edler to the Isles for this year or next years 1st round pick is our best overall chance. This year nets us a potential Tavares type player or a franchise D man and the Isles being as terrible as they are and knowing every other team in the east is only getting better gives us our best shot at McDavid next year. Besides if we traded to the Isles for a 1st and a prospect i'd guess they'd wanna give the canucks the 2015 pick just in case.

Imagine if we gave the "next crosby" to the Oil or the Flames. I'd assume Snow wouldn't wanna do the with the sabres

They traded a 1st to Buffalo, either this years or next years. Conditional.

Edler to the Isles for this year or next years 1st round pick is our best overall chance. This year nets us a potential Tavares type player or a franchise D man and the Isles being as terrible as they are and knowing every other team in the east is only getting better gives us our best shot at McDavid next year. Besides if we traded to the Isles for a 1st and a prospect i'd guess they'd wanna give the canucks the 2015 pick just in case.

Imagine if we gave the "next crosby" to the Oil or the Flames. I'd assume Snow wouldn't wanna do the with the sabres

They traded a 1st to Buffalo, either this years or next years. If this years is top 10 I assume they keep it and give them next years first.

They traded a 1st to Buffalo, either this years or next years. If this years is top 10 I assume they keep it and give them next years first.

There is no way Snow is giving up a chance at McDavid, I think they'd rather lose this years. Again trade places. As a GM in Vancouver, imagine the most important draft of the decade and you have a chance to give a shallow years first round pick, or a bona fide shot at the next generational player to the Oilers because you owe them a 1st round pick in one of those 2 years.

Do you give them the pick in the shallow year, or do you give them your 1 in 30 chance at the generational talent. With the Islanders record over the last 10 years and the fact they're almost always picking in the top 12 I am keeping that 1 in 30 chance at the generational talent.

Snow cannot be that stupid...can he?

Did your crystal ball tell you that? :picard:

No just my own eyes. I've watched a few of Hunters games this year & he's looking just average or below as a top liner in the WHL. If he's not dominating at that level now I doubt he's be NHL ready in 8 months from now. No crystal balls just common sense.

I hope Shink takes some time off and doesn't keep playing through his injury. Thought he would make it for sure when he got cut by the nucks but w.e.

He must be really pissed, didn't get any games in the NHL even though he probably deserved a couple and one of the last cuts two years in a row for the world juniors.

It's better to try predict stuff then "lets wait and see cause i have no mind to make a prediction herp derp". Adds substance to the thread.

Glad BoHo is ripping it up, lets hope it's not just because he is with good players. Would've been nice to see Shink there but sometimes things don't go your way. Hopefully he bounces back and rips up the rest of the season in the Dub.

It's also better to take into account pre injury play and the fact that it takes time to get back to optimal form when making blanket predictions otherwise it is best to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

No just my own eyes. I've watched a few of Hunters games this year & he's looking just average or below as a top liner in the WHL. If he's not dominating at that level now I doubt he's be NHL ready in 8 months from now. No crystal balls just common sense.

There's no common sense in something you can't predict.

frack I thought you meant Bo for some reason, I am so stupid. I actually agree about sending Shinkaruk to start the next season in the AHL. We can call him up if he's really lighting up down there or whenever we lose a forward do to injuries. Bo I think will be ready next year. Horvat I think should start his first few games on the 4th line then work his way up to the 3rd. Utica will get a bunch of our better prospects next year which I think is good.

Did your crystal ball tell you that? :picard:

IMO it won't hurt Shinkaruk at all if he spent a year in the AHL after junior. It will make him a better player in the long run and there should not be many doubts about his potential when he does come up. We can all see what has plagued Kassian. Rushing a player in his development is worse than not having him as a real asset to the team a year or two down the line. We have to remember he is not the biggest player in the world and he has to learn to play with much bigger players and he can get that experience in the AHL. He has lots of time and there is no rush.

Great game today.

The Bo line definitely was dominant out there. Seemed like most of the time Reinhart and McDavid were feeding each other though.

Shinkaruk didn't look bad or anything, but it was up to either him or Mantha and Mantha had a goal and an assist.

Shinkaruk just seemed like he never got the puck. A lot of the time I watched him he was skating around and the puck never really got to his side of the ice.

Pretty easy to tell Shinkaruk is struggling through injury. Not the same player that wanted the puck and was streaking through players looking dangerous in the pre season.

As far as wanting Shinkaruk to make it next year. Rarely does a 20 yr old make a playoff lineup and have the strength and positional awareness to be effective. So how bout we give the guy some time instead of having unrealistic expectations. There's a reason the Oilers suck......so why would we adapt their blueprint.

As a comparable Zach Parise tore up the juniors at 19. Turned pro at 20 played a full season in Albany. At 21 made the Devils who were a strong team at the time much like ours. He played the full season 81 games and had 14g 18a 32pts. Not till 22 did he have an impact in the Devils top 6. Hunter needs to get stronger.....it's the only reason he went where he did in the draft.

Horvat with McDavid and Reinhart reminded me of Bergeron Crosby Perry of 2004.

Bo is going to be a great player for the Canucks his game and frame will translate well to the NHL.

Archived