The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dane Fox | LW/C

Go Go Canucks Go

if we're lucky, he'll be like tyler johnson from tampa

freaking Yzerman, he signed Conacher out of college develops him for a year. He has a great rookie season and flips him for Bishop.

Now he did the exact same thing with Johnson, except he's Conacher 2.0.

He has the perfect player to help these smaller players excel, in St.louis.

Lol he wasn't wanting a name.... You made it sound like you had all this inside info, then told us a bunch of crap that was public knowledge at the draft. lol Sorry to burst your bubble :) Eckland has more insider info :P

Lol. it was news to me. I won't give names, but one guy was his cousin, the other works for the knights. I didn't really follow him after he was gone here, and didn't question why he was traded, because we got pieces that helped our cup run.i know he drives a hummer, which he got as a gift after whatever happened with the knights lol

Lol. it was news to me. I won't give names, but one guy was his cousin, the other works for the knights. I didn't really follow him after he was gone here, and didn't question why he was traded, because we got pieces that helped our cup run.i know he drives a hummer, which he got as a gift after whatever happened with the knights lol

I read on HF and it seemed like he got in some legal issues and because he is underaged so the data cannot be discussed. I think it is better to drop this topic now then to get into any legal trouble with Fox's past.

As long as he can develop into something for us I will be happy. Hey we just flipped Weise, a waiver-wire, for a defenseman. Hopefully we can continue to stockpile assets and trade.

I appreciate the news, not everyone has hours to spend searching the internet for dane fox info.

This is why there is serious hope for Dane even next year! Tampa Bay's Palat is rookie of the month with 16 points in 15 games.

Quote from TSN:

Palat was a seventh-round pick in 2011, after scoring 96 points in 61 games with Drummondville of the QMJHL as a 19-year-old. It's pretty serious draft value to secure a player who can play top-six forward minutes two seasons later.

This is why there is serious hope for Dane even next year! Tampa Bay's Palat is rookie of the month with 16 points in 15 games.

Quote from TSN:

Palat was a seventh-round pick in 2011, after scoring 96 points in 61 games with Drummondville of the QMJHL as a 19-year-old. It's pretty serious draft value to secure a player who can play top-six forward minutes two seasons later.

Palat's a great story but they do play different style of games. I do believe Palat has always had the speed to play at the NHL level while some feel Fox still needs work in this area. He's also playing with Tyler Johnson and St. Louis who have been absolutely amazing together this season. Despite my "negativity" in this post, I'm pulling for Fox to have an impact in a few seasons.

Palat's a great story but they do play different style of games. I do believe Palat has always had the speed to play at the NHL level while some feel Fox still needs work in this area. He's also playing with Tyler Johnson and St. Louis who have been absolutely amazing together this season. Despite my "negativity" in this post, I'm pulling for Fox to have an impact in a few seasons.

Is pretty crazy... that Johnson, St Louis Palat line's highest draftie is Palat who is a 7th round pick. Both St Louis and Johnson are undrafted and all playing 1st line.

That's an exception rather than the rule. 'Serious' hope is a far stretch to say Dane will succeed at the NHL level, especially next year.

Is pretty crazy... that Johnson, St Louis Palat line's highest draftie is Palat who is a 7th round pick. Both St Louis and Johnson are undrafted and all playing 1st line.

Absolutely. Even if it's not a 'serious' hope, it's nice to have some hope for the underdog nonetheless.

Speed is great and I am sure it gives most young players who have it a bit of an advantage in making the NHL but if you look at guys like Raymond (who had a great start to this year) and Booth that speed leads to many injuries and the need to constantly rebuild their game after those injuries.

Having said that, god knows why... I don't think that Fox is slow at all and more importantly I think he is quick. Quick to get open, quick first 3 steps, quick to think the game.

There is also the fact that barring injury Fox will finish the year with way more than Palat's 96 points in his last year of CHL hockey.

Did I mention he is a fiesty player, those have a bit of an advantage trying to crack an NHL lineup as well.

So if not as a 20 year old next year then as a 21 year old the year after, I like his chances of making it.

@TysonGiuriato

#Canucks prospect Dane Fox scored his 54th goal of the season for the @ErieOtters tonight. Now has 89 points (54-35-89) in 52 games.

:towel:

Can anyone shed some light;

Is Fox driving play for the Otters, or just capitalizing (not that that is bad...)?

Archived