The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis silent while Canucks need him most (Bold moves my ass)

Jamaicanice

Not only is this team not putting up the points,

THEY ARE BORING AS ALL HELL TO WATCH.

See the THOUSANDS of empty seats last night??

Nearly 4 full foward lines of stone handed plumbers, and 4/6 D are severely overpaid and overrated.

They should call it Clenching (not pinching) when those idiots decide to push fowards, as thats what my cheeks do.

It's been pointed out that Gillis has made plenty of bold moves. If you don't agree that those moves were bold, then we are going to need you definition of a bold move.

What player for what player. Let's hear it.

He should have traded Raymond and Ballard for Shea Weber when he had the chance. Now he needs to trade Booth for Brendan Gallagher or I will fire him.

It's been pointed out that Gillis has made plenty of bold moves. If you don't agree that those moves were bold, then we are going to need you definition of a bold move.

What player for what player. Let's hear it.

oh no, not the dreaded, "then you do it!" post!If I had the ear of the NHL GM's, I would try, trust me, but I don't as you know.Somewhere way back in this thread, it was me who said we need to define the word bold, in context with what Gillis meant when he delivered his sermon on the subject. Bold may even include making changes! Its getting prettly blurred in here, as you well know. Elvis, the educator/liberator of the frail minds has spent his fingerprints on the subject and has yet to change many minds. I don't think you will fare any better here. Bold moves are not me wasting 17,000 minutes/posts on "arguing" it, thats for sure.

Gillis is employing his favorite managerial tactic again this year - doing nothing. Just a little of the obligatory tire kicking to give the appearance of doing something, and concealing his true intentions. He is the expert on doing nothing, no GM can beat him at that.

Not many GM's have done anything this year other than minor trades.

He should have traded Raymond and Ballard for Shea Weber when he had the chance. Now he needs to trade Booth for Brendan Gallagher or I will fire him.

Seriously?

Are you just trolling?

Raymond and Ballard for Shea Weber?

Not even close to fair value. Shea Weber Philip Forsberg and a 1st maybe

:bigblush:

gillis has done a masterful job of ensuring that the cupless streak is never broken.

well done mg. well done.

Shouldn't you go cheer for the Penguins or Blackhawks if you think the Canucks will never win the cup.

If I thought that, I certainly wouldn't waste precious time cheering for this team.

The market is dry. All the best peices on other teams have stepped up and taken themselves off the moveable list. Ours have done the opposite, everyone here sucks. The last couple deadlines and offseasons is where it all could have happened. We had a ton of valuable players to move, and the there was a long list of teams with great pieces lookin for em.

It's gonna get worse, before it gets better.

1-8 playoffs after cup finals is the only numbers you need for Gillis. Another first round exit and I'm sure aquilini will not be pleased with the lost playoff $$$.

Personally I don't think this team is good enough to compete, but hey prove me wrong. I'd love a cup run along with another Canada gold

Archived