The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Sestito on the PP with full lineup

ftmN

Sestito on the PP  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With a full line up would you have Tom Sestito on the PP for the screen, or leave it for the likes of burrows/kes?

pros:

- bigger body/harder screen

- frees other more skilled players from that position and potentially getting injured from a one timer

cons:

- he doesn't have the best hands/skills comparatively

e.g. twins kes testito hammer

Honestly I think it's okay, he has decent enough hands and skills comparative to what's being asked of him. Not like being in front requires you to be a Patty Kane.

Plus, I think everyone underrates his abilities, he's shown flashes of being a fringe 3rd line power forward

I like Kes on the back of the PP, you KNOW he'll take a shot if he gets the shot without hesitation unlike Garry sometimes who waits for the perfect set-up

It honestly wouldn't hurt. Worst case scenario we're back at square one with the worst powerplay in the league.

Sedin - Sedin - Tostito

Kesler - Burrows

Not too bad of a PP unit. Got Sedin's to cycle, Tostito to screen and be an ape, and if things go south we have Kesler and Burrows for back up, who are probably some

Of the best two-way players in the game.

The Byfuglien effect??

It honestly wouldn't hurt. Worst case scenario we're back at square one with the worst powerplay in the league.

Sedin - Sedin - Tostito

Kesler - Burrows

Not too bad of a PP unit. Got Sedin's to cycle, Tostito to screen and be an ape, and if things go south we have Kesler and Burrows for back up, who are probably some

Its not terribly crazy; and it will give the 2nd pp unit Garri/Eddie for a simpler approach, just get the puck to the point for the howitzer.

It worked out great last game, but I'd rather have Kassian there. He's got more potential and better hands. I think it would help him get more confidence and be a better player.

It was a bit of a reward for Sestito playing well, but no reason why Kassian couldn't be on the second unit. It worked at least so I'd think they keep him there unless a better option comes up or it stagnates again.

Sedin - Sedin - Tostito

Kesler - Burrows

5 forwards!!! Wow that's risky.

Honestly, Yes. He can take a hit, so if somebody hits him by accident, we won't be losing anyone too valuable (no offense Sestito). He is also tough, so he will be the guy running down the goalie.

Hopefully that hit comes and Sestito accidentally falls on the opposition's goalie. Preferably in Los Angeles or in Anaheim.

With a full line up would you have Tom Sestito on the PP for the screen, or leave it for the likes of burrows/kes?

pros:

- bigger body/harder screen

- frees other more skilled players from that position and potentially getting injured from a one timer

cons:

- he doesn't have the best hands/skills comparatively

e.g. twins kes testito hammer

Sestito or Kassian. Those two are big body's that get in the way of the goalies vision. Sestito had the goalie rubber necking and he could take any punishment the Ducks handed out. I'm sorry for as much as like Hansen he just doesn't have the finish nor size. The size problem up front and even on the back end is lacking and it's becoming a glaring hole when Vancouver faces the bigger teams.

Vancouver is still far too small to compete in this division. Gillis has to do something in that area or this team goes no where. Too many softies on the back end too.

Maybe on the 2nd unit.

Kassian would be my 1st option though, more skills than sestito and same size. I'm pretty sure its more Torts trying to deliver a message to his players rather than a long term solution.

41gm 3G 1A 4pts playing 4th line minutes

38gm 7G 2A 9pts playing 3rd line minutes

Doesn't look like a big upgrade in skills to me.

It looked like it worked early on in the ANA game. Maybe even got in Hillers' head a bit. The more options on the PP, the better.

Really wish they'd develop a 2nd unit/back-up PP. Use the fresh energy from the 2nd unit to screen/get traffic/tire the PK out/score garbage goals.

Sending the 1st unit out against Western teams isn't going to be effective when they fully expect it. And the more they face them in the regular season is just extra practice for them come playoffs.

I really like this move, and I wanted to suggest it weeks ago.

Sestito is a much bigger body than Kassian. He was a solid goal scorer in junior and while that doesn't translate into the NHL, it does at least indicate he has some decent hands.

I would love to see Kassian and Sestito mixed in the top 6 more often. I remember saying Sestito would be better suited for more of an offensive role than defensive role (especially under AV where our fourth line had 80% defensive starts) but was flamed profusely.

He will never be a 20 or 30 goal scorer, but I think he brings enough on the offensive end to hold is own while providing a physical presence and creating space for his linemates.

If somebody were to land a dirty play on a Sedin he would be right over pounding the crap out of them regardless of who they are (goon, grinder, scorer etc.). Kassian would also be a bit of a deterrent but Sestito's got balls the size of water balloons.

Archived