The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian making a case for himself

TheRussianRocket.

Kassian has 2 more points than Weise. Zack's played more games than Weise and gets more ice time Weise. Weise is +2 while Zack is - 5 .

Someone should start a 'Weise making a case for himself' thread.

How's Weise doing now?

Nothing like having some patience for young, developing players. :towel:

Not unreasonable to expect atleast 25-25-50 next year?

Well, you're expecting that he double his production from this year. I'd expect he'll make good strides towards that, but not sure he'll be twice as good.

If kass is put with competent linemates 50 pts should be not an issue at all any year!!! Keep booth on a line with kassian but put matthias in the middle. Best 3rd line in the league!!!

50 pts is definitely not our of the question but you cant EXPECT it from him. you expect it from your top offensive stars like kes and the sedins.

last year people said they expected 20-20-40 this year....

People made that assumption after he got time on the 1st and 2nd line. He's eclipsed that pace measuring by points/60 minutes. Given that his role is expanding, that's not an unrealistic expectation.

imagine Kass's numbers if him and the team did decided just to tank for a better pick.... half his numbers have come since we have pretty much been out of contention.... this is why you cant expect players to go out and lose ..if he hadnt gone on a little points tare the season wouldve ended with him not looking good at all.

imagine Kass's numbers if him and the team did decided just to tank for a better pick.... half his numbers have come since we have pretty much been out of contention.... this is why you cant expect players to go out and lose ..if he hadnt gone on a little points tare the season wouldve ended with him not looking good at all.

True.. while his recent play won't save this season - it will be nice to build off of next year. We've seen flashes of his talent before but if he keeps it up to the finish line this HAS to be the longest stretch of consistent play he's put together.

This is a very good point. These guys need to end the season on a positive note.

Kassian is going into RFA at the end of the season so he is playing hard for a pay raise for his next contract. The last 10 games or so when he's shown some promise of what he was traded for is not enough of a body of work.

So what do you think Kassian is in line for at the end of the season, say a 3 yr contract? $2-2.5m/yr; $3-3.5m/yr; $4+m/yr for 3? If you go too low, someone can swipe him for a 2nd and 3rd. If you offer him too much so no other team will sign him to an offer sheet, then you might be stuck with a Booth, Ballard, Garrison ... a flash that doesn't pan out.

Roll the dice folks ... what will MG do? Personally, I didn't see enough of Kass to offer him more than ~ $2m/yr.

Tanking is a non-starter and suggesting that his numbers might be misleading because the team did not tank is certainly a creative what-if way of trying to underplay his actual production. I think you're trying too hard.

Not sure what that is supposed to mean regardless. Kassian went on a tear playing third line minutes - which had more to do with his linemates finishing for a change than anything else. Tanking likely would have involved more key players out of the lineup, and thus more minutes for Kassian - or are you suggesting they would have scratched him? Your point is very contrived. In any event, he's been making sweet feeds all season long and could probably have had another 10 assists if the team (and Booth) weren't struggling with such a bad shooting % and he had a few more opportune situational minutes.

The kid is a beast! I can't believe there is still haters and Cody lovers, pathetic. A not as large as you think but annoying as hell portion of our fan base is PATHETIC!!

KASSASSINATED!!!

I don't have problems with people that miss Cody. Nor those that may even think we'd been better off if he stayed (though I prefer Kass)

What I don't like are those that want Kassian to fail to justify hating the Cody trade.

Archived