The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's going on with David Booth?

Everybody Hates Raymond

He's being work so hard on the ice and you see him with engery and playing fast pace hockey and using his speed really well. Don't think he deserves to be in the press box. He should be producing more but he's playing which Richardson most of the year nothing against him but he's not meant to be a offensive player. Give booth a chance with Kesler and see what happens.

Torts does not seem like a guy who cares what personalities are here. He just wants results. David is a good guy, but he does not fit in here. Neither did Keith Ballard.

Lets move on. Put him on waivers and if he clears send him home and pay him to sit on his rear until their is no more cap and then keep him on the black aces.

What skills? Can't shoot, isn't fast, not a great puckhandler, and no good in breakaways. Yup, makes sense he wasn't there.

He has a pretty good shot (top 8 on the roster), he is decent considering he is the only Canuck strong enough to even take the puck to the net, and - ugh forget it:

Torts does not seem like a guy who cares what personalities are here. He just wants results. David is a good guy, but he does not fit in here. Neither did Keith Ballard.

Lets move on. Put him on waivers and if he clears send him home and pay him to sit on his rear until their is no more cap and then keep him on the black aces.

Canucks have 1 buyout left, I think they were planning on using it on Booth at the end of the season if they could get something out of him this season,,seems like they havent and it has got to the point where he may be bought out now, not sure whether they can or cant at this time,,but I think his days are done here.

This is what I hate about CDC. Most of it is too dumb to realize that all players struggle - even the best. Look at how many current and former Canucks "sucked" according to CDC: Booth, Raymond, Edler, Hodgson, Kassian, etc. None of these players are elite of course however they are effective players because they have all the tools and skills that will allow them to excel at their respective playing styles. But when CDC decides to hate on someone, they always go after the guy, not his form.

According to CDC, Booth can't skate, when he is arguably the best offensive zone skater we have. According to CDC, Edler was "never good" and is "slow". It's... It's like 75% of this board has short term memory loss or something.

God damn, use your fcuking brains people. It's called FORM. It exists, even in hockey. To this day Booth has not had a single stretch of games where everything was going right for him. Even this time, he had to basically scrap what little team chemistry knowledge he had from AV and relearn a much more grinding, intense and demanding Tortorella style, which is unlikely to be the easiest way to regain form on the ice from a lengthy wait.

This is what I hate about CDC. Most of it is too dumb to realize that all players struggle - even the best. Look at how many current and former Canucks "sucked" according to CDC: Booth, Raymond, Edler, Hodgson, Kassian, etc. None of these players are elite of course however they are effective players because they have all the tools and skills that will allow them to excel at their respective playing styles. But when CDC decides to hate on someone, they always go after the guy, not his form.

According to CDC, Booth can't skate, when he is arguably the best offensive zone skater we have. According to CDC, Edler was "never good" and is "slow". It's... It's like 75% of this board has short term memory loss or something.

God damn, use your fcuking brains people. It's called FORM. It exists, even in hockey. To this day Booth has not had a single stretch of games where everything was going right for him. Even this time, he had to basically scrap what little team chemistry knowledge he had from AV and relearn a much more grinding, intense and demanding Tortorella style, which is unlikely to be the easiest way to regain form on the ice from a lengthy wait.

HOw a player is perceived can colour how fans view that player. You obviously view Booth in a positive light. He certainly has had flashes of good play and I haven't read any comments that say he can't skate. his Problem has been injuries and inconsistency, likely related.

My view of him is not as bright as yours. He appears to me tob elost out thre and playing by himself much of the time, out of touch withhis linemates and lost as to where he should be or what hs should do. It's like he lacks the hockey sense to know what to do with his talents.

Bottom line, for what he is getting paid, he has not produced. He has not played physical either. There are far cheaper options for this team that bring what Booth has.

None of us know for sure but there seems to be a disconnect with Booth and the team/Torts. It's not unusual. AV appears to have a problem with DelZotto who is recognized as a very talented player. It just is what it is.

Torts lives and dies hockey. Hates to lose and expects his players to share that passion. Booth has gone on the record that hockey is just a game and there's more important things in life. As honourable a comment that is, if that represents his attitude, that may not play with a coach like Torts unless you are also producing as expected.

Booth is a different guy and maybe he just is a square peg in a round hole on this team, who knows.

Whatever it is, I think he needs a different environment if he is to get his career back on track. I wish him the best and look forward to seeing what the Nucks do with the cap space.

I read that he was scheduled to participate but that he was a no show?

Sounds like this guy marches to the beat of his own drum. If he's mentally checked out of being a part of this team, trading him/buying him out is just a formality isn't it?

Based on this comment it sounds like you are judging him based on speculation.

Nobody knows anything at this point.

Booth works hard....skates fast....has all the tools except when it comes to hockey sense.

He just spins his wheels....great show but no results.

It is no coincidence that his benching is followed by a Canuck win.

Do not put him on the ice anywhere unless someone else takes him.Do not take the chance on him being injured for a buyout.

HOw a player is perceived can colour how fans view that player. You obviously view Booth in a positive light. He certainly has had flashes of good play and I haven't read any comments that say he can't skate. his Problem has been injuries and inconsistency, likely related.

My view of him is not as bright as yours. He appears to me tob elost out thre and playing by himself much of the time, out of touch withhis linemates and lost as to where he should be or what hs should do. It's like he lacks the hockey sense to know what to do with his talents.

Bottom line, for what he is getting paid, he has not produced. He has not played physical either. There are far cheaper options for this team that bring what Booth has.

None of us know for sure but there seems to be a disconnect with Booth and the team/Torts. It's not unusual. AV appears to have a problem with DelZotto who is recognized as a very talented player. It just is what it is.

Torts lives and dies hockey. Hates to lose and expects his players to share that passion. Booth has gone on the record that hockey is just a game and there's more important things in life. As honourable a comment that is, if that represents his attitude, that may not play with a coach like Torts unless you are also producing as expected.

Booth is a different guy and maybe he just is a square peg in a round hole on this team, who knows.

Whatever it is, I think he needs a different environment if he is to get his career back on track. I wish him the best and look forward to seeing what the Nucks do with the cap space.

I think we've tried every possible method of reclaiming Booth's former glory, from now struggling with 2 coaches, to an unproductive AHL stint to top 9 NHL minutes without ever really being notable. He's broken, lost somewhere between dead mountain goats and Jesus songs. I don't think a change of scenery will help Booth anymore, he's checked out.

I don't get why he's not on the 4th line atleast. Just give him the puck and let him do his thing there.

Seriously not like the twins have been playing much better then him lately. They look pretty bad unless they're on the pp, slow and soft and they're supposed to be leading this team.

Atleast Booth drives the net.

Wanna know what I hate 'about CDC?

Braintrusts who frequently post on CDC about why they hate CDC.

This is why I hate CDC. No that is why I hate CDC. Today I hate CDC because... Blah, blah, blah.

Seriously. Who cares.

I don't get why he's not on the 4th line atleast. Just give him the puck and let him do his thing there.

Seriously not like the twins have been playing much better then him lately. They look pretty bad unless they're on the pp, slow and soft and they're supposed to be leading this team.

Atleast Booth drives the net.

Exactly this. I think him with Dalpe and Weise would be pretty strong, since there's 3 guys who all have speed and go to the net hard. If nothing else, they can tip shots from the point, jam home rebounds and create havoc.

When Burr's back and Tom "Power Forward" Sestito's off his hot streak, I'd like to see this for the playoffs

Danny - Hank - Burr

Higgins - Kes - Santo

Hansen - Richardson - Kassian

Booth - Dalpe - Weise (decent play-driving unit)

//Sestito, Archibald (guess they'd want to keep him in the "A" in the meantime though)

Archived