The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Dale Weise to MTL

Strombone1

I could see Alberts being waived after this.

As for the move, solid trade for both teams. Vancouver get's what they want and need and same goes for Montreal. With Weber though, doesn't really make sense to add Diaz in that respect, very similar players.

Yeah, waived right to the #1 pairing.

Bit of a odd trade, but I guess with injuries it was a good trade. My buddy is a Habs fan, they were pretty high on Diaz when he first made the jump to NHL. Great value for weise IMO - I hope it's a prelude to a big trade, and lain being given a shot.

Wrong year because Weise won the last 2. Keep up.

And yes of course. How the hell else would one gauge the fastest skater? In game?

Here though. I help google for you.

You're extremely gullible if you think Weise is the fastest skater on the team based on those 'for fun' contests, imho.

Here's Ballard winning too, btw. http://www.straight.com/blogra/salo-ballard-among-winners-vancouver-canucks-annual-skills-competition

Ballard: 'Surprise winner.' lol

Anyway, yes, actual gameplay matters when judging a player's actual speed. Duh. You never see Weise's 'blazing speed' during actual gameplay. Because it doesn't exist. Jesus, think about it. He's a lumbering 4th liner.

Yes. Good point. But doesn't change the fact he was bound to get squeezed out of the lineup with Sestito, Archibald, Dalpe, Lain, Welsh, and Grenier in the system (and I would much, much rather see one of those young centers on the wing of the bottom six than Weise) Regardless, no matter what people's concept of blueline depth is, the Canucks are banged up enough that a deal like this was absolutely necessary - and the return for Weise, more than could have been expected.

I like Weise, but his hands are never going to catch up with his feet, he's tries to play pretty hockey far too often, and he has his share of difficulty moving the puck the last 10 feet out of his own zone.

He also complained about being a scratch and went to arbitration twice. For a "bubble" player, not the best strategy, especially with a GM that was willing to trade Hodgson for being a pain (supposedly).

Dang a sad day to see the departure of Dale Weise. At the only Canucks game i've ever been to, i was down at ice level in the pre game trying to get the players' attention. Dale was the only one who looked and even gave me a wink. Plus i'm a guy. Takes a lot of heart and true man to do that. What he brought on the ice maybe wasn't as cool as the way he rapped the words to every song in warmup, but he will be missed in one facet or another.

Farewell Dale

Haha, man are you being serious? What a hilarious post.

Just for kicks, went to look up the last trades between MTL & VAN.

2003 - Canucks trade Rene Vydareny to MTL for FW Sylvain Blouin.

1996 - Canucks trade Jassen Culimore to MTL for Donald Brashear

1990 - Canucks trade 1991 4th round pick for Gerald Diduck

1989 - Canucks trade 1991 2nd round pick for Jyrki Lumme

..... stopped looking after 1989. But yeah, doesn't happen very often.

oh my, yeah, I feel guilty for it but that faceplant got a full belly laugh out of me.

I had to watch it 3 times in a row...

Yes, I feel bad laughing so hard too, but honestly, there's more where that came from.... :lol:

(I just can't bear to post more).

But he sure pops back to his feet quickly and gets those legs going...

Thats like saying I wonder what pens fans would say if crosby retired tomorrow.

It's not happening.

Dale weise out scored all players who play under ten minutes a game. The coach hates him

We traded a good player because of our redneck Bostonian coaches.

Stop putting your schoolboy crushes before the good of the team.

Dale Weise is not skilled enough or intelligent enough to be a top 6, and he's not gritty or responsible enough to be a bottom 6 regularily.

Also look up the definition of redneck. Your context is completely wrong.

I don't think this is a great trade nor a bad trade, I kinda think both players just cancel each another out. Diaz is as soft as it gets for Dman so I wonder how he will fit in Torts system. Weise had his good games but at the end of the day he was just a fourth liner so The Canucks aren't giving up a ton. I am interested to see if there is a bigger deal coming from this trade although having a lot of Dman isn't that bad of an idea.

Just for kicks, went to look up the last trades between MTL & VAN.

2003 - Canucks trade Rene Vydareny to MTL for FW Sylvain Blouin.

1996 - Canucks trade Jassen Culimore to MTL for Donald Brashear

1990 - Canucks trade 1991 4th round pick for Gerald Diduck

1989 - Canucks trade 1991 2nd round pick for Jyrki Lumme

..... stopped looking after 1989. But yeah, doesn't happen very often.

Some good deals, especially the Lumme one but Diduck and Brashear were also great Canucks.

Archived