The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2014 NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread

I'd hate to see Warhippy's ceiling right now...

why? There's a bug on it but nothing really to be worried about.

I'm thrilled with our pick. Better to be excited about the future instead of constantly whining about the past.

What can I say that hasn't already been said.....

It's a strange thing to watch you're franchise go down the toilet in one day....

I'm afraid Benning has shown us he is not a elite level GM,

Wastes a pick trying to compete with the KIngs, who by the time Virt makes the team, if he every does, will be a distant memory.

We are now an irrelevant franchise, we aren't in a re-build, we're a middling irrelevant group, under the delusion we can contend,

So you could do better? he said he is changing the culture of this team. It's his team now get used to a different approach.

sounds like a Rick Nash kind of player with a better shot

Ehhhh Rick Nash is about using his size to create space for him to stickhandle; use his hands and creativity.

Virtanen is about using his size with his speed to thunder down the ice like a train and then get a shot off. Lots of raw physical ability, but not as much offensive talent. But if he busts his ass and plays with the right line mates he could be a serious impact player.

Smart pick for the Leafs to take Nylander over Ehlers and Ritchie.

To all those people slamming Virtanen, I'm sure Benning knows better than you. Evaluating talent is his thing.

angry about our picking Virtanen

Happy with the return from Kesler and Garrison.

Stability is not a CDC strong point

Archived