The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] MTL - 2/6/2014 - 4:30PM

Strombone1

I never enjoy games against Montreal. I'm not sure why, even that down 3 goals come back was boring. Any momentum the team gains from these next two games will surely be lost during the olympic break. Too bad you can't forfeit games. This team could use the extra time off more than they could use a chance at a measly four points.

Clubs always act like a couple points are such a big deal, well unless your team sucks and shouldn't even be trying to get into the playoffs, they don't. If Vancouver plays like they should four points won't matter. I would say that the only reason coaches and staff and management maintain that attitude is because they want the players to think that a game against Florida means something. It doesn't. Sure, I'd love it if the players cared enough to give it back to the Dad that took his son to a game against Buffalo because he couldn't afford to take him to a game against a team that wasn't crap, but that isn't the case. They don't. If they did Edmonton, Buffalo, Florida and all those other AHL like squads probably wouldn't get more than ten wins in a season.

I'm pumped for this game! Montreal is my second favourite team not only because I used to live there but because I like the personnel and their style of play. The Bell Centre is an awesome place to take in a game.

Also, my Dad and his friend flew out there this morning to follow the Canucks for the end of this road trip. They are both celebrating milestone birthdays and are huge Canuck fans, so they've been planning this road trip for a while. Because of the way they've been playing they brought with them a couple Canuck-blue paper bags (in jest, mostly), so hopefully the team brings it tonight and they dont have to wear them!!

GO CANUCKS GO

Being a Canucks fan is like being in a bad relationship. It's painful and not very much fun at all anymore, yet we can't seem to keep away.

Let's see how we manage to self destruct this game....

You forgot about the drinking your way through it part and when you cant score anymore you trade up for younger and more....."aggressive."

Archived