The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Then stop acting like canadian junior leagues are better as far as competition goes. It's another thing to speculate if he can transition his game to the NHL or not. No it actually seems you're quite clueless when it comes to drafting, you just think you know what you're talking about putting up historical results, acting like Einstein. Quote my post when i said it's guaranteed Nylander will go top6. Or when i said we should draft him with the 6th overall.

So I say outside the top 10 and you freak out but you don't think he'll go top 6? So why are you making sure a big deal if you think he will go 6-10? I never said the CHL is a better league, I never said Nylander was a bad prospect or that he will be a bust. All I said was that it is highly unlikely that he will go in the top 10. You need to calm down and wait until the draft. Hopefully you will use it as a learning experience.

Edmonton repersentative said that D is their deepest position, bluff or serious?

Bluff. Nurse is not a franchise D-man IMO. Klefbom is also good, but doesn't scream number 1 to me.

Also, what was Trent Klatt doing there? What position does he have for the Islanders?

Former teammate of Lindens, might make the Isles a good trading partner.

@Plum - I lol'd so hard when he said that. Obviously a bluff.

Yeah well I almost bit since he has a good point that Nurse, Klefbom, Marincin but I think Nurse is the one with the only chance at being a #1 defensemen and the rest are #3, #4.

Bob McKenzie's Rankings

1. Aaron Ekblad

2. Sam Reinhart

3. Sam Bennett

4. Leon Draisaitl

5. Michael Dal Colle

6. Nick Ritchie

7. Nikolaj Ehlers

8. Jake Virtanen

9. Kasperi Kapanen

10. Haydn Fleury

Honourable Mentions: William Nylander, Brendan Perlini

Where did you read Nylander is slow? Every bio I've seen said good speed and handles the puck well at high speeds.

The way I look at it is pretty much the general feeling from pro scouts is Nylander is the better player. He seems to get ranked higher everywhere. Not only that, the way the describe him makes him sound like he's quite the special player. "As a scout you want to pay for the ticket just to see him play"

In comparison to Ehlers and Kapanen...he's slower. Read the whole comment man

ya but just regular annoying. not like samjamiam annoying.

Lol. At least I don't write out whole posts in caps, bucko.

I follow these kids the same as you do. I just don't bother talking about it on CDC until the other people whose opinions I respect start discussing them in-depth as well. For all your talk of casual fandom on draft threads the last few days, I don't see you actually saying much in the prospects forum here. Pot and kettle, mate.

Archived