The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You read into comments far too much. Making up things that are not there. I really don't want to waste my time with you anymore. I know you want to have the last word so say whatever you want. I'll see you after the draft.

Really? What did i made up? You've already stated that you don't know much about European hockey, which anyone can tell really, based on your lack of knowledge.

Just one more spot, eh? That's all it would have taken to get into those top 5 prospects. Well, we'll see what happens I guess.

You could very well be right, there's surprises every year. Those 5 have remained unchanged in every ranking though except for the couple that had Nylander in there. Thing is, at the expense of corrado you get to take your pick at 3rd. Not just see if someone slips.. if that even happens.. You could get a prospect of corrado caliber in a future trade, he's replaceable. Our defense is locked up right now too so we're not in any rush.

By the sounds of it linden has his highs on big boys: Ritchie/Virtanen/Perlini

We should be expecting one of the three unless one of the top 5 drops

I think Ritchie is the toughest player among the first rounders this dude is a battle ship but like someone already said we dont know how he would fair against people his size and strength but damn he is a tough SOB.

Linden is really dumb if picks one of those. This team needs a pure TOP offensive prospect with first line potential like Ehlers. IMO Shinkaruk and Jensen are only second liners which is certainly very good but not great to put a team over the edge.

The Isles would be dumb to give it up. With Tavares healthy and another year for the youth to develop they should be a bubble playoff team at worst and end up with no better than the 10th pick.

Yeah, but everyone was saying NJ would be dumb not to surrender their 1st in 2012 yet they kept it and and now missing out on the 11th overall pick. Not saying NYI is stupid enough to do that, but maybe they figure they'd rather have at least a chance at a lottery pick in the McDavid draft if they fail.

I think Ritchie is the toughest player among the first rounders this dude is a battle ship but like someone already said we dont know how he would fair against people his size and strength but damn he is a tough SOB.

Ritchie's higlights show a player that isn't relying at all on his size.

Ritchie's higlights show a player that isn't relying at all on his size.

He's got talent, for sure, but he definitely uses his size heavily at times. Something I think will be hard for him to translate to the NHL. Powerforwards are one of the biggest gambles when drafting, in my opinion.

Ritchie is high risk high reward and Virtanen is more of a project. I think Perlini may be the safest pick out of the three.

I would go for Virtanen out of these three. He's one of the fastest and youngest players in the draft and he is also right handed which is a plus. Virtanen is a bit of a risk though.

Ritchie is high risk high reward and Virtanen is more of a project. I think Perlini may be the safest pick out of the three.

I would go for Virtanen out of these three. He's one of the fastest and youngest players in the draft and he is also right handed which is a plus. Virtanen is a bit of a risk though.

I would argue that all three are safe picks because of their size they can still be a good checker. However we need an offensive juggernaut badly right now that it would make more sense to gamble (Ehlers) because we have enough of those "safe" players (Gaunce, Horvat, Kassian, Matthias)

Yeah, but everyone was saying NJ would be dumb not to surrender their 1st in 2012 yet they kept it and and now missing out on the 11th overall pick. Not saying NYI is stupid enough to do that, but maybe they figure they'd rather have at least a chance at a lottery pick in the McDavid draft if they fail.

I think a lot of people of are getting carried away with the strength of the draft. I don't really think hanging on to the pick is very good odds for hitting the lottery.

Of course that's when it happens and bye bye Connor.

If there's one player falling out of the top-5 I think it would be Draisaitl. It's not even that much of a stretch, and I want him BAD if he falls to 6.

NYI seems like the kind of team that would pick Nylander. Draisaitl would be a no-brainer for the Canucks.

I'd cream myself if Draisaitl fell out of the top 5 and right into our lap. I still think making a trade to get another top 10-ish 1st rounder to get Virtanen would set us up for the next decade

Shinkaruk - Draisaitl - Virtanen

_____ - Horvat - Kassian

Fox - Gaunce - Jensen

Archibald - Cassels - Grenier

Who does everyone want the Canucks to take with our second round pick?

Well if a first round talent drops then them of course..

Realistic guys who could slide to our second pick are:

Karlsson (doubt he would be available)

Brandon Lemeuix (Possible, I would pounce on it)

Eric Cornel (Ritchie Cornel combo would be decent)

John Quenneville (I really really like him)

Honka (if available here gotta take him)

Jack Glover (Favourite US dman in draft)

Jack Dougherty (second favourite US dman in draft, would like to see his skating improve though)

Vladislav Kamenev (he is best russian in draft not in CHL

Jayce Hawryluk (LOVE Hawryluks game, and I think Linden would too!)

Alexis Vanier (Really dislike his skating/ mobility)

Would not take Hunter Smith until late 3rd or 4th round, not convinced yet, he could be just pulling the equivalent of a Bryan Bickell.

Open to later picks on these two:

Rourke Chartier

Alexis Pepin

He's got talent, for sure, but he definitely uses his size heavily at times. Something I think will be hard for him to translate to the NHL. Powerforwards are one of the biggest gambles when drafting, in my opinion.

Wait a minute… you're turning the positive into a negative.

He doesn't rely on his size to score but he does use sometimes so that's bad? If he didn't use it everyone would be saying he should.

His shot and hands are already NHL quality. Name the last PWF drafted that could say that at the time?

Archived