The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So you mean that we didn't lose the Stanley Cup final 3 years ago because we only managed to score 8 goals in 7 games? I'm not too confident with drafting a guy who only had 1 assist in 7 games. Not at 6th. Okay maybe LAs best players didn't produce outstanding numbers in the finals, but those players did produce earlier on in the playoffs, which took them to where they were. That's not the case for Perlini though. If a guy doesn't show up in the CHL playoffs, it's less likely that he will show up in the NHL playoffs when it matters. You could also see it as "if Perlini would have been better/more productive, maybe they would've beaten North Bay instead of losing to them?" Considering they lost in 7 games and Perlini only had 1 assist, i'd say that you can definitely blame the series loss partly on him. After all he's their second best scorer, after Verhaeghe. He didn't produce, literally (kinda). The end result? They lost.

Us not scoring in the Cup Finals was one of many reasons, why we loss. Injuries, depth in our lineup, and just being out played by the Bruins factored in our loss in 2011. It was not, because we lack skilled on the team.

I don't understand why people like to think Perlini won't make it into the NHL or think he has the biggest potential to be a bust, just because he didn't have a great playoff and u18 tournament. Joe Sakic never had a good playoff in Swift Current (in his draft year), was drafted late (15th), and proved all his doubters wrong. So did Jeff Carter, who many scouts say Perlini is compared too.

I'm sure Trevor at least will be hesitant to do an early trade and I think Benning would wait until draft day as well.

Why not line up a trade or two and pull the plug on them if something comes up last minute.

From the sounds of it (with Chicago being out on Kesler due to Benning's asking price) Benning wants a lot for Kes'

I suppose if he gets offered our collective wish of Etem plus the 10th and 24th picks then maybe do it early....

If the rumours are true and Chicago needs to get a center for Kane. Kesler is the best player available who also has an amazing cap hit and is of championship caliber. It is probably posturing, if I was Chicago I would jump all over it because seriously.. Kesler on Chicago would be insanely stacked. Would pretty much guarantee them a dynasty.

If the rumours are true and Chicago needs to get a center for Kane. Kesler is the best player available who also has an amazing cap hit and is of championship caliber. It is probably posturing, if I was Chicago I would jump all over it because seriously.. Kesler on Chicago would be insanely stacked. Would pretty much guarantee them a dynasty.

Yeah exactly, so if he goes there we better get a more then fair package back. Im talking Saad and TT for kesler and a 2nd rounder. If its not a total win for the Canucks, why hand the hawks a huge boost at the cup? Does any Canuck fan want the Canucks be the reason the Hawks win another cup with Kesler? To see that we better get a great package back to dry our eyes with.

So say we trade kesler and get the 10th and 24th, who would you pick? I would do kapenen and ho-sang

With #10 I pick Virtanen but if he is gone I pick Tuch. He is under the radar right now.

At 24 I dont think Ho Sang will be there. I pick Ivan Barbashev. I think he also is cruizing under the radar.

Mydraft is very accurate as it uses all the mock drafts and information from scouts and updates their list once every 10 days or so.

As of June 10 they have

6) Nylander

8) Ehlers

12) Ritchie

13) Virtanen

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Now would be a good time to lay down some bets with the Virtanen / Ritchie crowd.

Exsctly a dynasty so why would we do it? It would have to be some huge package coming back.

With #10 I pick Virtanen but if he is gone I pick Tuch. He is under the radar right now.

At 24 I dont think Ho Sang will be there. I pick Ivan Barbashev. I think he also is cruizing under the radar.

Mydraft is very accurate as it uses all the mock drafts and information from scouts and updates their list once every 10 days or so.

As of June 10 they have

6) Nylander

8) Ehlers

12) Ritchie

13) Virtanen

Now would be a good time to lay down some bets with the Virtanen / Ritchie crowd.

Ho-sang isnt in the 1st round dude, oh nvm

If anyone was interested today on Hockeycentral Noon

Darren Millard, Doug Mclean and Doug Shannon think that Kesler to Chicago was a possibility but believe that the Hawks have closed that door for now since they want to sign extensions with Toews and Kane. Much of the money will be directed for their extensions and whatever is left over for RFA's and UFA's

The Blackhawks want to know where they sit financially once they sign Toews and Kane before making other significant moves. So I would assume for now the time being until both are signed, Kesler to Chicago is pretty much a no go.

As of June 10 they have

6) Nylander

8) Ehlers

12) Ritchie

13) Virtanen

Playing with Jack Eichel I think he has some of his stats padded.

Playing with Jack Eichel I think he has some of his stats padded.

Jack is a beast man idk how people can say Mcdavid is the clear cut number #1 next year. I know Mcdavid is more offensively gifted but the more I watch Eichel the more i believe he has a Legitment shot at being the number 1 pick next year.

Us not scoring in the Cup Finals was one of many reasons, why we loss. Injuries, depth in our lineup, and just being out played by the Bruins factored in our loss in 2011. It was not, because we lack skilled on the team.

I don't understand why people like to think Perlini won't make it into the NHL or think he has the biggest potential to be a bust, just because he didn't have a great playoff and u18 tournament. Joe Sakic never had a good playoff in Swift Current (in his draft year), was drafted late (15th), and proved all his doubters wrong. So did Jeff Carter, who many scouts say Perlini is compared too.

Injuries are a part of the game. You could imagine that Boston had a few injuries too. I should mention, that the 2010-2011 version of the Canucks were the first team in 33 years in the NHL to lead the league in both goals scored and least goals scored against. They also had the best power-play in the league, and the 3rd best penalty kill in the league. They were cup favorites before the season even began, and they were also cup favorites in the playoffs obviously. You don't score just 8 goals in 7 games just because of injuries. That's totally unacceptable, especially when you're considered NHLs absolute best team. Those players were still playing. They weren't out of the line-up or anything, like Horton. We couldn't solve the Bruins defence in the playoffs but other teams could. Tampa Bay had a much weaker team than we had, but they just fell short to them in a game 7 Eastern Conference Final. Not to mention Montreal who lost to the Bruins in a game 7 OT. We didn't have enough (many) players that stepped up against the Bruins. I'm not just talking about scoring goals, our defence had a few devastating mental breakdowns. It's that simple.
There are some players that have had weak CHL playoffs performances, and "successful" NHL playoffs performances later on in their careers. A few players. I didn't say that it's impossible for Perlini to make the NHL, or that he will be a playoff choker for the rest of his career. It's worth taking into consideration though that he didn't step up when it mattered this year. That's definitely a minus. For me, clutching is a "skill" that you can't teach. Players either have it, or they don't. This years playoff performance by Perlini doesn't make me feel he's worth drafting at 6th. I don't really think that there is something that makes him "unique" that sets him apart from other players that might be available at our spot.
Also forgot to respond to your comment regarding Nylanders twitter account. I don't really think that makes him selfish. Not based on 1 really short text on twitter.

Jack is a beast man idk how people can say Mcdavid is the clear cut number #1 next year. I know Mcdavid is more offensively gifted but the more I watch Eichel the more i believe he has a Legitment shot at being the number 1 pick next year.

GREAT TO HEAR! Harder for the league to rig the lotto-deck. Hopefully there's more talent like those two, emerging.

Archived