The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

George Richards: “I wouldn’t be surprised if Van and Fla work something out [at the draft]” MacLean: “Me neither”

Me either...

I almost expect us to trade up. With many teams wanting to move down, Van has a pretty strong chance of finding a deal with anyone in the top 4.

Pretty silly that he just flippantly states that Dal Colle, Ritchie and Perlini will all be playing in the NHL next season. Even states that Hayden Fleury is NHL-ready.

I guess thats just the 'Islander' in him: "You're 18 and were drafted in the first round? We'll lock you into lineup before you leave the podium"

George Richards: I wouldnt be surprised if Van and Fla work something out [at the draft] MacLean: Me neither

God I hope not.

People compare it to how we landed the Sedins and that worked out. (10 years later)

But pardon me if i'm wrong here, but weren't the Sedins a package deal at the time and it absolutely required some wheeling and dealing by any team to land them?

It's a helluva lot simpler and less expensive to just use the picks you have. We've helped out the Panthers quite a lot already, thanks.

God I hope not.

People compare it to how we landed the Sedins and that worked out. (10 years later)

But pardon me if i'm wrong here, but weren't the Sedins a package deal at the time and it absolutely required some wheeling and dealing by any team to land them?

It's a helluva lot simpler and less expensive to just use the picks you have. We've helped out the Panthers quite a lot already, thanks.

And it's a helluva lot more risky. A 1st overall is a near guarantee, while the 6th in a weak draft is anything but.

Canucks desperately need someone to replace the twins in a couple years if we don't want a burn-it-to-the-ground rebuild. Sam Reinhart can be the centrepiece of the new team, and maybe even the 2C to replace Kesler next year.

I'd give up pretty much anyone on the NHL roster plus our 6th to get that pick. Even Tanev.

Star next to the fishy heights.
Sam Reinhart-6'1, 183lbs
Aaron Ekblad-6'4, 216
Sam Bennett-6'0, 181
Micheal Dal Colle-6'2, 172*
Leon Draisaitl-6'1, 209
Nick Ehlers-6'0, 163*
Nick Ritchie-6'3, 236
Haydn Fleury-6'3, 201
Jake Virtanen-6'1, 212
Rob Fabbri-5'10, 165
Ivan Barbashev-6'0, 181
William Nylander-5'11, 181
Kevin Fiala-5'10, 181
Brendan Perlini-6'2*, 205
Dylan Larkin-6'0, 192
Alex Tuch-6'3*, 216
Jared Mccann-6'1, 176
Nikita Scherbak-6'2, 174
Travis Sanheim-6'4, 205
Kasperi Kapanen-5'10, 174
Got this off HFboards, it was found on eliteprospects.com.

Star next to the fishy heights.
Sam Reinhart-6'1, 183lbs
Aaron Ekblad-6'4, 216
Sam Bennett-6'0, 181
Micheal Dal Colle-6'2, 172*
Leon Draisaitl-6'1, 209
Nick Ehlers-6'0, 163*
Nick Ritchie-6'3, 236
Haydn Fleury-6'3, 201
Jake Virtanen-6'1, 212
Rob Fabbri-5'10, 165
Ivan Barbashev-6'0, 181
William Nylander-5'11, 181
Kevin Fiala-5'10, 181
Brendan Perlini-6'2*, 205
Dylan Larkin-6'0, 192
Alex Tuch-6'3*, 216
Jared Mccann-6'1, 176
Nikita Scherbak-6'2, 174
Travis Sanheim-6'4, 205
Kasperi Kapanen-5'10, 174
Got this off HFboards, it was found on eliteprospects.com.

You shouldn't be using that, as NHL.com has the most accurate height measurements/weigh in's, considering this is alll added to the site post-combine too.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

The combine data was NOT published. They handed out pre-combine data flyers at the combine, people have mistakenly thought that was the new numbers. Some of the weight numbers leaked a few days later, Ehlers being one of the updated weight numbers.

Again, your just in denial..... data was not published YES IT IS KIND SIR, AND THE LINK IS POSTED ON MY Sig. It's nothing to hide, it's not top secret classified bull crap. Those are the post combine results. the previous link http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?cat=1&dpid=85782&sort=finalRank&year=2014%C2'> was NHL.com updating their final listings, pre combine work outs they used statistics from sources like that. the numbers provided at the time are not accurate. how? Julias Honka is listed at 5'7???? do you honestly believe he's 5'7????? The kid is 5'11. Either way it lose lose anyways. Ehlers is not 6'0 feet tall, he's not...

Do NOT go with Virtanen. His stats are inflated. Plays with overagers. Plus i heard he has a high ego. Future 3rd liner.

Have you actually seen the kid play???? I've read comments from fans whois seen him play, and you be kinda surprised. BTW..... he's apparently on the second powerplay unit not the 1st, so there is nothing really inflated.

You shouldn't be using that, as NHL.com has the most accurate height measurements/weigh in's, considering this is alll added to the site post-combine too.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

That doesn't show any heights or weights though.

Eliteprospects is a reliable website and I don't think they'd update it from previously without any source.

That doesn't show any heights or weights though.

Eliteprospects is a reliable website and I don't think they'd update it from previously without any source.

It does, if you click the players names actually.

Eliteprospects, while fairly reliable, can be behind a bit sometimes considering how many prospects they keep track of on their database. The combine did just finish after all.

I predict hes a future 3rd liner. Just heard he has a high ego from some CDC posts.

Top flight, 210lb 6'-1" 45-goal scorers don't end up being 3rd liners unless they're absolutely ruined by the team who drafts them.

They become all-stars.

Jake Virtanen is going to be a stallion.

June1314_Virtanen_hs.jpg

And it's a helluva lot more risky. A 1st overall is a near guarantee, while the 6th in a weak draft is anything but.

Canucks desperately need someone to replace the twins in a couple years if we don't want a burn-it-to-the-ground rebuild. Sam Reinhart can be the centrepiece of the new team, and maybe even the 2C to replace Kesler next year.

I'd give up pretty much anyone on the NHL roster plus our 6th to get that pick. Even Tanev.

I wouldn't. In a year like this, I would rather have the 6th pick, and the 10th (if we can get it in a Kesler deal) aswell as Tanev than just the first.

I would give up Tanev & our pick, but honestly, as great as Reinhart is, I don't see him as that must have prospect, if we were to trade up, I would give alot of interest to Ekblad as I think there's potential for him to be a franchise player, but I don't know if Reinhart will be a franchise player.

I mean if FLA offered up a good offer for us for that pick, and we took Reinhart, I wouldn't be throwing stuff through my TV screen, but at the same time, I would be very happy picking at #6 and getting Ehlers or maybe MDC.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=722892&navid=DL|NHL|Microsite-Draft2014

interesting to see that only 9 first round picks in 2004 would be still picked in the first round, if there was a redraft today.

All players will develop differently and what they've don't at the current level (junior) doesn't mean they are going to be able to push it to the next step at the NHL level.

It's nice that were picking 6th but you won't find a draft in the last 15 years that picks 1-6 all remained the 6 best picks that draft year.

Drafts are such a crapshoot. Let just hope we get our pick right

Archived