The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Smaller European skaters historically speaking drop down on draft day. He won't be a top 10 pick, possibly a 10-12 but highly unlikely.

Both Kempe and Kapanen are safer pickers and as such are likely to go before Nylander.

I am very curious to see how Nylander does at the combine.

I can see a lot of people are very fond of Nylander. My comment was based on historical results.

From 2013 Draft to 1993 Draft (20 drafts) only 2 European skaters under 6 feet have went in the top 12:

Mikael Granlund (9th, 2010) from the Finnish League --- NHL Totals: Games:90 Goals:10 Assists:39 Points: 49 (Still very young)

Stanislav Chistov (5th, 2001) from the Russian League --- NHL Totals: Games:196 Goals:19 Assists:42 Points: 61

20 years x 12 top picks = 240 only two of which have been European skaters under 6 feet. Also none of them have come from the Swedish League.

Assuming they keep going how they are, they can't drop lower than 8th overall, with Nashville winning tonight. Then all we need is a win from Carolina and a loss tomorrow night vs the flames and we are in 6th position!!!

I like the idea of Higgins being used to trade up to 4th overall. NYI do not need any more centermen. They could use defensemen though. And some wingers ;)

I would love to see fabbri fall to our 2nd round pick. I know he isn't very big but tons of heart and skill. To me he reminds me a lot of shinkaruk and even Kane. Obviously not at the same elite level but just style wise.

If draisatl or dal colle do not drop then I would love to see virtanen with our top pick. Ritchie has the size and shot for the nhl right away which is appealing but he does seem to be a gear below the others in speed. I may be wrong though as have not seen much live.

I do like ehlers but only if we were able to grab another 1st in top 12 perhaps Ottawa pick from ducks for kess.

On pace for at worst 8th overall after tonight.

Actually no worse than 7th.

A loss in regulation tonight means we cannot finish with any more than 83 points. And as we'd be tied with the Canes, one more outright loss by the team means 6th in the draft.

So after tonight we can finish no worse than 7th overall in the draft and one more outright loss means we pick 6th.

I so very VERY much want Dal Colle....Dal Colle and Cassels on the team would be incredible. The ONLY thing better would be getting MacDavid next year for Gaunce and Fox :D

Actually no worse than 7th.

A loss in regulation tonight means we cannot finish with any more than 83 points. And as we'd be tied with the Canes, one more outright loss by the team means 6th in the draft.

So after tonight we can finish no worse than 7th overall in the draft and one more outright loss means we pick 6th.

I so very VERY much want Dal Colle....Dal Colle and Cassels on the team would be incredible. The ONLY thing better would be getting MacDavid next year for Gaunce and Fox :D

Me too man

Trade the 6th pick and player for the 4th overall

Then imagine trading some big pieces to Florida for the 2nd overall

We end up drafting one of Ekblad/Reinhart/Bennett and Dal Colle

The bad season would be worth it!

Edit: More on Dal Colle, the fact he's putting up those points at 17 is amazing! We really should push for him.

There is a HUGE part of me that hopes Linden does indeed trade Kesler to Anaheim for the Etem + 1st(s) if it is the Ottawa pick in question.

Get Dal Colle for Cassels

Get Etem for Shinkaruk

Have Gaunce and Fox

Use the Ottawa pick for someone like Virtanen or Ritchie or whoever might be left around at that number (9th through 12th) and hope to draft their line mate in the 2nd round if available

Literally bringing up 2/3rds of multiple top 6 lines in junior hockey and developing them all properly would be absolutely incredible for this team in the future

My hope is MDC or Leon fall outside of the top 5 which they won't but wishful thinking Calgary goes off the board or something. If not we picked the wrong year to tank. Virtanen is a sniper who runs over guys I question his work ethic and passing skills. and Ehlers has all the skill and Talent but his size is an issue for a western conference team after that there's like nobody.

Archived