The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Team1040 Doug Maclean

davinci

Instead of being snide, how about giving the guy a reason?

Seriously?

Ok. how about the almost near wash in salaries, the fact we're giving up our best scoring threat and still one of our best D men for toi for a single player under massive contract and a 2nd round pick.

how about we are giving two guys up who alone in separate deals could get us a much better return for a single guy who has never even won the Norris

Deals like that are when teams like Edmonton are made.

Seriously?

Ok. how about the almost near wash in salaries, the fact we're giving up our best scoring threat and still one of our best D men for toi for a single player under massive contract and a 2nd round pick.

how about we are giving two guys up who alone in separate deals could get us a much better return for a single guy who has never even won the Norris

Deals like that are when teams like Edmonton are made.

And that is a reason.

You know your stuff, Warhippy. Sharing it helps inform others.

I'd personally want to keep Kesler at all costs.

Edler is a workhorse as well, but Weber would be an upgrade on defense. He possesses the intangibles that Edler doesn't. And Edler has a lot.

And that is a reason. You know your stuff, Warhippy. Sharing it helps inform others.

It would be insanity to amke that trade especially when you consider

Edler='s 1st + prospect

Kesler ='s 1st 2nd + prospect(s) or Prospect 2 1sts

Just not feasible at all and Poille would take that deal and laugh all the way to the bank. I mean i'd consider Kesler 2nd and 3rd for Jones and a 1st or Weber and a 2nd but that doesn't help this team now at all.

Any trade we make for Edler and Kesler is not for a comparable player but for picks/prospects as NOTHING can help this team right now in the moment become a contender again

It would be insanity to amke that trade especially when you consider

Edler='s 1st + prospect

Kesler ='s 1st 2nd + prospect(s) or Prospect 2 1sts

Just not feasible at all and Poille would take that deal and laugh all the way to the bank. I mean i'd consider Kesler 2nd and 3rd for Jones and a 1st or Weber and a 2nd but that doesn't help this team now at all.

Any trade we make for Edler and Kesler is not for a comparable player but for picks/prospects as NOTHING can help this team right now in the moment become a contender again

Adding Shea Weber, if feasible, wouldn't improve the team to the point of contention? I have to disagree there.

It would go along way towards solidifying the blue line.

However I'd rather do a deal where Kesler stays and Horvat and/or Gaunce goes instead.

By signing the Sedins, Gillis was making the statement of wanting to remain a contender. Otherwise why would they invest so much in two players in their mid thirties?

As far as not winning the Norris, I'd have to say Weber was robbed when they gave it to Karlsson.

luongo still hasn't said he wants to be here long term....it is no secret that he wants to go to florida.....

The only way Luongo goes to another team is if he fails to show up to training camp next season so that we'd have an excuse to "terminate" his contract and then he goes and signs somewhere else on a 3 year deal or something. Would probably be best for both sides

NTC.

Gillis offseason reset = santorelli, richardson and Torts .

most teams like vancouver are handcuffed by the lowered cap.

trading kesler would be crazy first off he's a pure torts kind of player second he does everything kills penalties WINS faceoffs power playtime, defensively responsible, harder than you think to replace a guy that does everything that well. oh yeah and there the NTC so pretty much detroit if you're trading him.good luck getting fair value kinda like the lou saga all over again.

garrison is the obvious choice to try to get him to waive his NTC easily replace what he offers which isn't much.

Nashville:

Edler

Hansen

Y. Weber

Gaunce

Vancouver:

S.Weber

Realistically I think it would take Kesler and Edler and a decent prospect like Gaunce. Jannik Hansen's are fairly common in free agency and Y. Weber is the kind of guy you can pick up off waivers. Not to mention all the money already invested in Weber and the fact that he's a franchise player

Realistically I think it would take Kesler and Edler and a decent prospect like Gaunce. Jannik Hansen's are fairly common in free agency and Y. Weber is the kind of guy you can pick up off waivers. Not to mention all the money already invested in Weber and the fact that he's a franchise player

And that is a deal a smart GM covers the reciever of the phone after hearing laughs long and hard and hangs up saying good luck.

I don't believe that it's possible to get Shea out of nashville but if it was by some miracle I would trade anyone they wanted.

If we are retooling, retool around that guy.

That said, he's a Pred for life in my opinion.

If he's staying in Nashville, why didn't Poile sign both clauses (NTC and NMC) requested by Weber and his agent?

I don't believe that it's possible to get Shea out of nashville but if it was by some miracle I would trade anyone they wanted.

If it were possible to get She Weber out of Nashville, I am 100% sure Ryan Kesler is the only way to make that conversation happen. Barry Trotz and David Poile love him!!! 1st line Olympic center. Trotz was gushing over him in 2011 when we beat Nashville. And rightfully so!!!

That being said, I think I would rather Seth Jones. Younger, faster. When all is said and done, I think Jones will be better than Shea Weber. No question! Also to add to that, if Poile and Trotz had a chance to have Kesler and Weber on the same team, I think they would offer up Seth Jones.

I agree. I wish he was like 2 years younger, but he'd be the perfect guy to build around. His cap hit isn't all that bad either considering what guys like Semin and Giroux are making.

Which gm would hang up the phone? If anything I'd say Poile but I get the feeling you think it's bad for the Canucks

Thought I saw Keslers name in their as well which is why i shut it down so fast. It would be worth consideration but again I think we can get a better return in a different location without the massive contract for those pieces. In regards to a retool or getting younger that is.

Archived