The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday vs. Calgary

jj99

Nobody goes to the net and gets open.

I've never seen a team forget how to play hockey so badly.

I don't think Tortorella even practices offensive zone plays. The fact that he just showed them clips of their goals as a way to practice shows that he has no idea how to coach offense. Gulutzan needs to get replaced this summer with someone who can coach offense and the powerplay.

Exactly...the game has passed this team by....you have to go to the consistently get to the net to get goals right now. Teams don't even have to bother, defensively, pushing us to the half boards...we do it willingly. Its no wonder we had 6 scoring oppos the other night against PHX.

I'll say this for Torts, though. I think he knows. I think the coaches know. And, I think this is a veteran team that's being thick-headed and revolting against what should be a simply-apparent truth. There are flashes of moving toward the net, yes. But, as we saw the last 15 mins of that period, Henrik, in particular, just pushes his game wider and wider.

Jensen's seems to get faster every time we see him.

His hockey intelligence, sniping and size have always been evident - but his wheels could put that skillset over the top.

Quite excited to see his development and surprised his shoulder injury this year wasn't more of a setback.

Archived