The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Heroes (100th game special) - GAME OVER, HEROES WIN

Master Radishes

You're one of the only people on here I've heard say that. I think he's a stud that is heavily underrated and couldn't agree more that I want us to get him.

I have a feeling Draisaitl will be out of reach. I mean that is of course depending on where exactly this team ends up falling. Sky's the limit though, so I can imagine drafting him at 6-7. We'd miss him in our current position, but we're only going to sink lower.

I have a feeling Draisaitl will be out of reach. I mean that is of course depending on where exactly this team ends up falling. Sky's the limit though, so I can imagine drafting him at 6-7. We'd miss him in our current position, but we're only going to sink lower.

Ekblad, Bennett, Reinhart are guaranteed top 5 (probably top 3). Then Dal Colle is more than likely going to go fourth overall. Then you have:

Ritchie

Draistaitl

Nylander

Perlini

Virtanen

Ehlers

who will go in various spots. I see it playing like this.

1. Buffalo - Sam Reinhart

2. Edmonton - Aaron Ekblad

3. Florida - Samuel Bennett

4. Calgary - Nikolaj Ehlers

5. NYI - Michael Dal Colle

6. Vancouver - Draisaitl

Ehlers stock has been rising and Calgary always makes unusual picks. Also don't think they want another center.

Ekblad, Bennett, Reinhart are guaranteed top 5 (probably top 3). Then Dal Colle is more than likely going to go fourth overall. Then you have:

Ritchie

Draistaitl

Nylander

Perlini

Virtanen

Ehlers

6. Vancouver - Draisaitl

Ehlers stock has been rising and Calgary always makes unusual picks. Also don't think they want another center.

Except Feaster isn't the GM anymore..

Ritchie

Draistaitl

Nylander

Perlini

Virtanen

Ehlers

6. Vancouver - Draisaitl

That's a reasonable way to look at it. I mean if we are drafting that low, he should be within reach. Us drafting there is not an unreasonable assumption.

Would we really draft out of the WHL with our first pick though? Gillis seems to have a degree of aversion to it. Maybe he won't even be the one calling the shots. Who knows.

That's a reasonable way to look at it. I mean if we are drafting that low, he should be within reach. Us drafting there is not an unreasonable assumption.

Would we really draft out of the WHL with our first pick though? Gillis seems to have a degree of aversion to it. Maybe he won't even be the one calling the shots. Who knows.

I'd be pretty upset if Gillis was still the GM come draft day.

How do you know?

Logic... It's called drafting for a positional need. I get that you should always pick BPA but when Ehlers could easily be considered BPA...

They have Monahan, Reinhart and Jankowski for potential top 6 centers. For wingers (of the same or greater skill level) they have Gaudreau and Baertschi.

Yeah, you just know Burkie's taking Nick Ritchie.

Still fits the plan :) .

I'd be pretty upset if Gillis was still the GM come draft day.

I'd be more upset than you. Maybe not as much as Heffy, but seriously upset. I think that apathy that I'm feeling towards the team would turn back into anger, lol.

Logic... It's called drafting for a positional need. I get that you should always pick BPA but when Ehlers could easily be considered BPA...

They have Monahan, Reinhart and Jankowski for potential top 6 centers. For wingers (of the same or greater skill level) they have Gaudreau and Baertschi.

Still fits the plan :) .

So why not take Dal Colle who can play both C/W?

Draisaitl is unlikely to br drafted by the Canucks. What about Jake Virtanen? I like his playing style. Where is he expected to go in the draft? I think we should draft him, but that might be just because he's from the same city as me and went to the same middle school as I did.

I checked the game after the 2nd. 3-0 Canucks. I was thinking hey, looks like they might actually win a game! Check back later, after the game, and all I could do was laugh hysterically. I ain't even mad. :lol:

I'm holding out hope Nylander falls to us. But I expect a couple teams to love him enough to take him earlier.

Archived