The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Heroes (100th game special) - GAME OVER, HEROES WIN

Master Radishes

Bure - 1.12 PPG

H. Sedin - .83 PPG

Those numbers are purely with the Canucks (for Bure).

I really don't care one way or the other but you can't compare the ppg of players from the ridiculously high scoring 90s to the leaps and strides made in defense and goaltending in the last decade or so. Not a fair comparison at all.... Henrik peaking in the mid to late 90s = way way higher PPG.

I'd be pretty upset if Gillis was still the GM come draft day.

Gillis' fault the sedins have become 45 point players, Edler becoming the worst defenseman in the nhl, Luongo being a feline and Hansen needing a brain transplant. fer sure.

Pierre Turgeon - 1.03

Rocket Richard - 0.99

Comparing raw totals without historical context is fun

Bure was one of the best goalscorers of his era. You can't realistically consider Henrik one of the best players of his era.

Pulling random stats is fun.

Gillis' fault the sedins have become 45 point players, Edler becoming the worst defenseman in the nhl, Luongo being a feline and Hansen needing a brain transplant. fer sure.

Gillis' fault we gave up futures for a dud in Ballard. Gillis' fault he botched the goaltending situation. Gillis' fault his drafting has largely sucked. Gillis' fault he didn't address an obvious deficiency up front in the offseason. Gillis' fault he did nothing at the trade deadline when it was obvious the team needed to get dismantled, etc.

Bure was one of the best goalscorers of his era. You can't realistically consider Henrik one of the best players of his era.

Pulling random stats is fun.

Henrik was one of the best passers of his era. Only Thornton and Crosby could arguably be considered better. Bure led the league in goals once as a Canuck while Henrik led the league in assists three seasons in a row in addition to his Art Ross and 4th place finish in scoring.

wot

Outside of Hodgson, the Gillis years have yet to produce a single top 6 forward/top 4 defenceman/starting goalie (obviously too early to tell for some picks). There hasn't been anything close to the obvious abortion that was the 2007 draft, but there have been way too many headscratching picks like Sauve and Mallet in the early rounds.

Gillis' fault we gave up futures for a dud in Ballard. Gillis' fault he botched the goaltending situation. Gillis' fault his drafting has largely sucked. Gillis' fault he didn't address an obvious deficiency up front in the offseason. Gillis' fault he did nothing at the trade deadline when it was obvious the team needed to get dismantled, etc.

lol ok.

Outside of Hodgson, the Gillis years have yet to produce a single top 6 forward/top 4 defenceman/starting goalie (obviously too early to tell for some picks). There hasn't been anything close to the obvious abortion that was the 2007 draft, but there have been way too many headscratching picks like Sauve and Mallet in the early rounds.

I agree. It's been questionable for the most part. But in the coming years some of the players he's drafted will find a place in the NHL.

I did really like the last draft though, after his first pick, which I really didn't. I think Shinkaruk, Subban, and Cassels were solid picks in the positions they were taken. No guarantee that they'll pan out, but I think each has some solid potential.

Archived