The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 minute ago, shiznak said:

That was some typical Jays’ baseball, right there. 

A total of 12 men left on base. One out from winning the game and end up losing in extras. 

I unless some players take the next step, I don't see their pitching taking them anywhere but the bottom half of the league.  Particularly the pen.

14 hours ago, shiznak said:

That was some typical Jays’ baseball, right there. 

A total of 12 men left on base. One out from winning the game and end up losing in extras. 

It was disappointing, but game three was a whole 'nother level....

One out to go, up by 2 and something disastrous happens with Giles.....

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It was disappointing, but game three was a whole 'nother level....

One out to go, up by 2 and something disastrous happens with Giles.....

That was hard to watch. Giles was all over the map; they should've taken him out sooner. Grichuk left too, apparently tweaking his back somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Gäz said:

That was hard to watch. Giles was all over the map; they should've taken him out sooner. Grichuk left too, apparently tweaking his back somewhere.

I agree. I think CM would have liked to, but they probably didn't have anyone in the pen who was ready.

15 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I agree. I think CM would have liked to, but they probably didn't have anyone in the pen who was ready.

Yeah, by the time Moran or Yamaguchi could've been ready, it was probably too late. Oh well, looking forward to getting home from work for the next one. It'll be fun with the condensed schedule going forward; a game almost every day for two months! ::D

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I’m pretty sure, if there isn’t any relievers warming up in the pen. They allow the team to buy some time for the relievers to get warmed up, if an injury occurs to the pitcher on the mound.

4 hours ago, Gäz said:

That was hard to watch. Giles was all over the map; they should've taken him out sooner.

Did Giles start, or was he relieving? All pitchers have to face a minimum of 3 batters or till the end of an inning.

17 minutes ago, gurn said:

Did Giles start, or was he relieving? All pitchers have to face a minimum of 3 batters or till the end of an inning.

He was relieving and it looks like it was 2/3rds of an inning, so it would make total sense if that was why. 

Edit:

From Sportsnet article:

The right-handed reliever gave up a hit and walked three batters in 2/3 of an inning before manager Charlie Montoyo and a team trainer went to the mound to remove him from the game. He was charged with two earned runs.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-ken-giles-leaves-game-vs-rays-right-elbow-soreness/

Edited by Gäz
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

I’m pretty sure, if there isn’t any relievers warming up in the pen. They allow the team to buy some time for the relievers to get warmed up, if an injury occurs to the pitcher on the mound.

I think Giles bears a lot of the responsibility here....Pete Walker had already been out to talk to him and he must have said he was okay.

Yikes, 4 more Marlins test positive and now the Nationals have taken a vote saying they don't want to go to Miami to play the Marlins this weekend.  This baseball "season" is going sideways pretty quickly.

Edited by Wilbur

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Yikes, 4 more Marlins test positive and now the Nationals have taking a vote saying they don't want to go to Miami to play the Marlins this weekend.  This baseball "season" is going sideways pretty quickly.

Not surprised.  I don't understand the logic on opting to travel around the states instead of having a hub city.

1 minute ago, BoKnows said:

Not surprised.  I don't understand the logic on opting to travel around the states instead of having a hub city.

I think it was the reality of keeping all players in a "hub-bubble" for that long.  For NHL and NBA players it's just the playoffs, but MLB and NFL it would be 60 games plus playoffs for the teams that make it that far.

39 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think it was the reality of keeping all players in a "hub-bubble" for that long.  For NHL and NBA players it's just the playoffs, but MLB and NFL it would be 60 games plus playoffs for the teams that make it that far.

In reality no one should be travelling though