The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

19 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Yamaguchi has been disappointing 

I don't like the Blue Jays depth in the bullpen.  Even the guys hot right now (Bass, Romano, Cole), I don't see keeping it up for long.

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I don't like the Blue Jays depth in the bullpen.  Even the guys hot right now (Bass, Romano, Cole), I don't see keeping it up for long.

I agree.   I like Giles, Dolis, and Waguespack this far.  We need 1 or 2 more guys to stay hot for the season though.

4 hours ago, shiznak said:

The Jays could have won in regulation if they put the double steal on.

This really pisses me off.

They had to start the runner on that play. Fisher has decent speed and with Alford on third, it's unlikely that Suzuki would have even tried to throw him out. They had to stay out of 2 on that play and it was a bonehead move to allow it to happen.

I generally support the manager, but that was a bad decision by Montoyo and it cost the Jays the W....

14 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This really pisses me off.

They had to start the runner on that play. Fisher has decent speed and with Alford on third, it's unlikely that Suzuki would have even tried to throw him out. They had to stay out of 2 on that play and it was a bonehead move to allow it to happen.

I generally support the manager, but that was a bad decision by Montoyo and it cost the Jays the W....

Suzuki has a noodle arm.  I run like a snail and can probably steal a bag on him.

Everything Montoyo did has started to infuriate me and a lot of fans.  Putting Shun in again to get torched.  Not taking advantage of free bases.  And this... 

Look at his stupid face while the ump goes right at the dugout.  Sometimes you need to back up your team and take the damned ejection.  He just stood there all confused and just ate it all up.

So the Marlins went out when they were in Atlanta.

I mean, I understand that most professional athletes are a bit thick in the head... but how stupid can you be. The season hadn't even started and they were already breaking protocol.  

I've been out in Atlanta. There is like NOTHING there except for strip clubs (talking about downtown Atl). 

Edited by Down by the River

Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced today the latest COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, July 30:

MONITORING TESTING

Covered Individuals are now in Monitoring Testing. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:

• The number of monitoring samples collected and tested in the past week was 11,895.
  • 29 of these 11,895 samples, which is 0.2%, have been new positives.
  • 20 positives were players and 9 were staff members.
  • 21 of the 29 positives were from a single MLB Club; the remaining 29 Clubs had 8 positives (2 Major League players, 1 Alternate Site player, and 5 staff).
  • The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested has been 40,783.
  • 58 of these 40,783 samples, which is 0.1%, have been new positives.
  • 42 of the 58 positives have been players and 16 have been staff members.
  • 19 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.

https://www.mlb.com/news/covid-19-test-results-released-by-mlb-mlbpa

I’m starting to think most of the players I picked up in my fantasy league have Covid.

I have Yelich, Bellinger, Reynolds, Vladdy, and Ohtani are all underperforming. Add to that I have Kershaw and Strasburg injured to start the season. Yet, some how I’m still winning this week (barely). 

This was an auction draft, btw. For those wondering how I got Yelich, Bellinger, Kershaw and Strasburg on my team.

Manfred should be fired ASAP.  Just absolute atrocious planning and now you're starting to see water seeping through the cracks.  A bunch of Cardinals got Covid so their plan was to rent a fleet a cars and have them drive themselves home?!?!

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Manfred should be fired ASAP.  Just absolute atrocious planning and now you're starting to see water seeping through the cracks.  A bunch of Cardinals got Covid so their plan was to rent a fleet a cars and have them drive themselves home?!?!

Manfred makes Bettman look amazing

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Is it too soon to start worrying about Vladdy? I haven't seen any real improvement at the plate and the 1st base experiment was downright embarrassing against the Red Sox yesterday....

I'm not yet.  Especially the bat.  In the long run I like the move to 1B but now, with practice time at a premium, you wonder if it's the best timing.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1