The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

48 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Blue Jays traded for Villar.  Solid contact hitter.

Looks like it's Griffin Conine going the other way.  A prospect that had good numbers in Lansing last year but strikes out a lot.  As a pure rental I'd rather just run the table with Panik and Espinal, but if the Jays can keep him I'd be happy.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Looks like it's Griffin Conine going the other way.  A prospect that had good numbers in Lansing last year but strikes out a lot.  As a pure rental I'd rather just run the table with Panik and Espinal, but if the Jays can keep him I'd be happy.

With the expanded playoffs looks like the Jays are trying to make a push.

Just now, BoKnows said:

With the expanded playoffs looks like the Jays are trying to make a push.

And I don't mind that as long as the price aren't too crazy.  So far they haven't been for the Jays.  I do worry about outfielder depth long term (I'm assuming Hernandez and Grichuk will eventually revert back to career norms) so losing Conine makes me raise an eyebrow a little.  But only a little, because I doubt he projects much higher than say a Fisher or McKinney.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

And I don't mind that as long as the price aren't too crazy.  So far they haven't been for the Jays.  I do worry about outfielder depth long term (I'm assuming Hernandez and Grichuk will eventually revert back to career norms) so losing Conine makes me raise an eyebrow a little.  But only a little, because I doubt he projects much higher than say a Fisher or McKinney.

With Groshans in the system I can see Martin being pushed to the OF

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, gurn said:

Derek Fisher- keep him or not? iirc he was highly touted, but just seems to have not played all that well since becoming a Jay.

He's a AAAA outfielder to me.  No more, no less.  When the Jays brought him in I think the hope would be that Hernandez and him would battle for that 3rd outfield spot.  Hasn't been much of a battle so far.  Keep him as long as you need the depth.  Let him go as soon as something better comes along.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

In other words, yes Fisher had promise.   You never know what will happen when you let a player go, but in this case I doubt it'll

Derek Fisher Hit In The Face By Fly Ball GIF | Gfycat

it's been a while :bigblush:

I admit, I laughed, very, very hard while watching that live. His eyelids had already decided, nope missed the ball, emergency closure  procedure activated, before the ball hit the glove.

• Cheers 1

Holy cow, just saw the Yankees/Rays highlights.  How the umps didn't toss Chapman is beyond me.  Kevin Cash was pissed and has every right to be pissed.  The umps did the bare minimum to protect his team, presumably because they didn't want to piss off the precious, entitled Yankees.

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Holy cow, just saw the Yankees/Rays highlights.  How the umps didn't toss Chapman is beyond me.  Kevin Cash was pissed and has every right to be pissed.  The umps did the bare minimum to protect his team, presumably because they didn't want to piss off the precious, entitled Yankees.

Yeah...not sure what started all this, but the pitch by Chapman was pretty clearly thrown at the batter's head.....a guy who can throw 100 MPH....:unsure:

If the Jays ever figure out how to run the bases, and which base to throw the ball to, they will be a tough team to beat.

Villar just made third out in the first after trying to stretch a single into a double, even though he rounded first then slowed down, he then tries to speed up and outrun the throw. :picard:

• Haha 2

Ah, kids say the darndest things, my when Gurriel hit his 2 run homerun my 6 year old cheered a typical "Yes!" paused for a moment then let out a larger "YESSS!!!!  He then proceeded to explain this was really good because Tellez was on first and since he's really slow he'd probably get out if Gurriel didn't hit a homerun.