Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

Rate this topic


The Stork
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guess I'll be back to watching Jays more now, Canucks season was depressing to say the least. At least the Jays look like they're doing good this year so far, it was predicted two years ago that this is when they would be competitive, looks like that was accurate that's good to see hopefully it continues. Glad Montoyo finally budged and found a replacement leadoff hitter over Biggio, looks like it paid off. Go Jays Go :gocan:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Guess I'll be back to watching Jays more now, Canucks season was depressing to say the least. At least the Jays look like they're doing good this year so far, it was predicted two years ago that this is when they would be competitive, looks like that was accurate that's good to see hopefully it continues. Glad Montoyo finally budged and found a replacement leadoff hitter over Biggio, looks like it paid off. Go Jays Go :gocan:

TBH Chuck, I've been watching Jays' games and just occasionally flipping over to see how the 'Nucks are doing.....That's how I missed that near comeback against the Flames. I stopped checking in when they were down by 4 or 5.....:lol::picard:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jays grueling schedule is catching up to them.  If they're not careful they'll be pretty far out of it.  These last two games hurt, win them both and they're first.  Instead they've lost them and they're 3.5 games out and 4th.  And still no easy games on the horizon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

TBH Chuck, I've been watching Jays' games and just occasionally flipping over to see how the 'Nucks are doing.....That's how I missed that near comeback against the Flames. I stopped checking in when they were down by 4 or 5.....:lol::picard:

I decided this year to try and watch as many Canucks games so if I came on here and was critical about someone or something I would know what I was talking about :lol:, and I don't like Green and his system, so I wanted to see if it was productive this year or the same old crap, turned out it was the same old crap. Just before they had their covid outbreak they started doing bad then covid hit and I kind of lost interest, I really only watched the Canucks and Oilers games just to watch McDavid play. I haven't watched really any Jays games yet, just catch highlights and look at game stats to get a rough idea what's going on. I wish I watched the game yesterday missed Vladdy hitting 2 HR.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2021 at 10:36 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

A lot of talk about the Jays being forced to bring him up. If Stripling keeps having outings like last night, it might be sooner than later....

I would just ride it out with what they got. 

 

We’ve seen first hand with Pearson, when they had to force him into the big league.

 

Let Manoah dominate in the minors and bring him up in September.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

Blue Jays need to win today and tomorrow, Tampa Bay Rays are on a 9 game win streak right now 

Oops was trying to edit my previous post 

Edited by Mj2345
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going to admit, was never into Fantasy Baseball, but I'm having a lot of fun with the Topps Bunt app.  You collect digital cards then use them in Fantasy contests.  Both my boys are having fun with it too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, shiznak said:

I would just ride it out with what they got. 

 

We’ve seen first hand with Pearson, when they had to force him into the big league.

 

Let Manoah dominate in the minors and bring him up in September.
 

 

I don't disagree....

 

Still, if guys don't start getting healthy soon, I wouldn't mind if Shatkins went out and got the rotation some help.

 

I think we're seeing right now the cost of overtaxing the bullpen early on. Relievers are starting to cough up leads, something that they weren't doing up until recently.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On paper the Yankees have the better team, but for whatever reason the Rays always give the Jays more trouble. (If I had to guess, I'd say it was their bullpen superiority)

 

One other thing is that I'd like to see the Jays move back to Buffalo. Since all the snowbirds have gone home, every game the Jays play in Dunedin feels like an away game....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...