The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

It looks like the old Boston RedSox scoreboard hasn't had to use the 20 for a very loonnnggg time! 

spacer.png

It was probably lying on the ground right where Manny took a leak....

(I wonder if anyone besides me remembers that) :unsure:

Unfortunately Vladdy's late inning heroics were undone (once again) by shoddy defense...

You can't be mad at Biggio for trying to make a play, but Semien had that ball covered and the error led directly to the winning run for the Sox...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

How many games is Montoyo gonna let Dolis blow for us lol. 

Starting to really wonder if Charlie is costing more games than the bull pen, because it is a lot easier to replace one manager than 4 or 5 pitchers

Regarding the bullpen, I cut Charlie some slack...with all the injuries in the pen, what choice does her really have but to give those guys the ball and hope they can get the job done...?

You can't throw Romano out there every game....

The guy they really need to get it figured out is Chatwood. He's got the stuff, but for some reason, his command is gone....:unsure:

• Upvote 1

They are (rightly) complaining about the blown call on the passed ball that should have scored the tying run, but I have to question Charlie leaving Grichuk oin the 5 spot. For the last week or so, he's been an almost guaranteed out and his K against Chapman was huge.

Gurriel has picked it up lately and I would have much rather seen him in there with men on 2nd and 3rd with no outs...

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I guess there are now 3 certainties in life:

Death

Taxes

The Blue Jay bullpen gives up the lead

The bullpen is a big problem, but it's not the only one. Horrible base running in the first turns into a little league triple play.....next inning, Zeuch throws a double play ball into center field....

Meanwhile, Aaron Judge goes above the left field wall to take away a 2 run homer from Biggio....

These kinds of things are just happening far too often....