The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Would have liked to see him go one more inning....I mean, you already got through Lemahieu, Judge and Torres....

In a 7 inning game, might have be a good idea.

He gets his first win in his first game.

Hope he sticks for the rest of the year. 

Jays finally having the "up and coming " pitchers arriving.

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

In a 7 inning game, might have be a good idea.

He gets his first win in his first game.

Hope he sticks for the rest of the year. 

Jays finally having the "up and coming " pitchers arriving.

I forgot that it was a double header. I'm fine with giving JR the seventh in that scenario....

Just now, gurn said:

They won, guess the manager was right. :)

Yeah. My whole complaint was because I forgot about 7 innings for double headers and I was nervous about who they would bring in for the 8th and 9th....

Bringing Romano in for the easy save makes perfect sense. In fact, I'm a bit surprised Charlie didn't pull AM in the 6th, with the top of the order coming up for the third time...

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah. My whole complaint was because I forgot about 7 innings for double headers and I was nervous about who they would bring in for the 8th and 9th....

Bringing Romano in for the easy save makes perfect sense. In fact, I'm a bit surprised Charlie didn't pull AM in the 6th, with the top of the order coming up for the third time...

Not sure if leaving Manoah in for the 6th says more about him, or just how worn down the bullpen is.

Wish Dan  or Buck had said when the next game starts.

13 minutes ago, gurn said:

Not sure if leaving Manoah in for the 6th says more about him, or just how worn down the bullpen is.

Wish Dan  or Buck had said when the next game starts.

I guess the good news is, Romano only had to throw 8 pitches in his one inning of work....I doubt that they'd use him again in the second half of a double dip, but you never know...

Right now, he's the only reliever I feel confident with.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

He's also the major league leader in OPS, total bases, offensive WAR, and adjusted OPS+. Basically he's been raking the whole year.

Yeah he's in beast mode, and this was the player I expected a few years ago that we would eventually see. Everyone was losing their minds when we lost EE, but I knew Vladdy would easily be his replacement and better offensively down the road, definitely seeing that evolve now.

On 5/30/2021 at 3:15 PM, gurn said:

Some of his decisions make me think they could do better with another manager. However I don't get to see every game, nor every practice to judge if Charlie is a plus or negative over all.

Charlie's strength is his relationship with the players....it seems like they'd run through a wall for him, but....

....sometimes his decisions make you wonder what he's thinking. There have been several examples already this season. I mentioned it in a game a while back, where they were down by a couple late in the game and he gives Rowdy Tellez the 3-0 green light. :wacko:

In that particular situation, they got away with it and RT eventually got on base, but it's a terrible call. There's not a chance in hell that either Gibby or Cito would have let a guy hitting a buck and change swing away in that situation, no matter how much power he had.

• Upvote 1

A bit of a side step from the Jays, but Canada just beat Cuba in Olympic qualifying....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/article/canada-earns-spot-super-round-olympic-qualifier-win-cuba/

It's still a pretty long road to make it through, with teams like the Venezuela, USA, Puerto Rico and the DR still standing in the way, but a game against the Cubans would have been a guaranteed loss, not that long ago.

• Thanks 1

I'll care about these guys and the raptors if they are ever making a playoff run. Very casual fan. Just looked at saw they are a real good offensive team this year eh. vlad jr at 22 leading the league in almost every offensive category! Old pops must be proud.

Feels bad for rogers customers when this young man has to get paid lmao

Jays win 6-2.

Vladdy now leads league in homers(18) and a bunch of others.

This site hasn't added todays game yet, but Vladd is leading in  12  out of 48 catagories and is top ten in 14 others.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB-leaders.shtml#:~:text=2021 All Leaders including BA%3A Castellanos .356%2C H%3A,Mancini 41%2C SB%3A Merrifield 13%2C SLG%3A Winker .684

• Like 1