The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

8 hours ago, shiznak said:

Which lineup (excluding pitching) would you rather have?

This current one or the 2015 Blue Jays.

2015, not as many holes in that lineup.  Although, ask me again when Springer and Biggio are back.

It's pretty hard to feel sorry for the Yankees (and even harder to feel sorry for Rougned Odor) but they got absolutely hosed last night against the Red Sox.

On a 3-2 count, bottom of the 9th, with runners on first and third, Odor was called out on a back door curve that was at least 6 inches outside....they went on to lose in extras and were swept in the series....

Video of the pitch is embedded in the link:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/red-sox-sweep-three-games-vs-yankees-bronx-first-time-since-2011/

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's pretty hard to feel sorry for the Yankees (and even harder to feel sorry for Rougned Odor) but they got absolutely hosed last night against the Red Sox.

On a 3-2 count, bottom of the 9th, with runners on first and third, Odor was called out on a back door curve that was at least 6 inches outside....they went on to lose in extras and were swept in the series....

Video of the pitch is embedded in the link:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/red-sox-sweep-three-games-vs-yankees-bronx-first-time-since-2011/

Mlb game management is “leagues” ahead of Nhl game management. 

24 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Mlb game management is “leagues” ahead of Nhl game management. 

Yeah, I don't see any game management at play there....I just see a missed call by an ump that rose to "Angel Hernandez" levels of bad.....

On 6/6/2021 at 12:32 AM, shiznak said:

Which lineup (excluding pitching) would you rather have?

This current one or the 2015 Blue Jays.

On 6/6/2021 at 8:37 AM, Wilbur said:

2015, not as many holes in that lineup.  Although, ask me again when Springer and Biggio are back.

Giants fan here, and I'd say that I'd swap over most of the current Jays team for most of the Giants squad. There is such a great future in Toronto, while the Giants (even though they are currently leading all of MLB) are mostly a group of aging vets and guys who are having career years on one year deals, and who will likely not be back next season (traded for futures or just not re-signed).

I'm enjoying the ride, but I don't expect it to last past this season, or possibly it will end sooner should the Giants look to trade high when the playoffs get closer (eg. Gausman).

regards,  G.

Ump making a few wrong calls in the Jays game.

If you can trust the painted box graphic; ump has called 2 strikes, balls against Minoah in the one at bat.  Still went 3 up and 3 down in the bottom of 2nd.

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

The Jays must have mistaken today’s game as batting practice.

Kinda makes you wonder, huh?

For what it's worth, I also think Tyler Chatwood might have been on the sticky stuff before his form suddenly fell apart. Would actually explain a lot: https://cubsinsider.com/2021/01/08/tyler-chatwood-named-among-pitchers-who-doctored-baseballs-with-sticky-substance/

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Kinda makes you wonder, huh?

For what it's worth, I also think Tyler Chatwood might have been on the sticky stuff before his form suddenly fell apart. Would actually explain a lot: https://cubsinsider.com/2021/01/08/tyler-chatwood-named-among-pitchers-who-doctored-baseballs-with-sticky-substance/

As long as we're on the conspiracy theories....

With the the Jays recent flurry of dingers....I couldn't help noticing that a lot of them have been on breaking balls....almost as if they knew what was coming...B)

In reality, I doubt any major league team would do this, considering the recent history with the Astros....I think the more likely issue is that most of these were hanging breaking balls, which kind of ties in with the tweet from Milner....