The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Considering they put the exact same B team out there today that they did for the 2nd match of their double header yesterday, this is impressive, win or lose.

After that double play, almost certainly a loss, lol. I mean they didn't even have a starting pitcher today, so it's even more impressive that they put up a fight without a single starter in the batting line-up or rotation taking the field.

Edited by g_bassi13

You guys..when there was no Canadian team to hope for I was the biggest Yankee fan ever...watched them constantly...Yogi and all the boys was when the Yanks were good...of course once the Canadian teams came in I was a big fan of the Expos and later the Jays...love to see the expos come back....when in Radio years ago I had the pleasure of interviewing Dan Turner about his book The Expos Inside Out.

school%20165_zpsi6ci7ng7.jpg

school%20167_zpsdxngnt72.jpg

Awesome stuff Shaky.

I was a die-hard Expos fan - and being a pitcher and catcher, Gary Carter was one of my all-time faves. That is, until he went to the Mets, and his arrogance also started to surface a little more lol.

That strike-shafted Expos team though - wow - one of the greatest teams ever constructed imo.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

Awesome stuff Shaky.

I was a die-hard Expos fan - and being a pitcher and catcher, Gary Carter was one of my all-time faves. That is, until he went to the Mets, and his arrogance also started to surface a little more lol.

That strike-shafted Expos team though - wow - one of the greatest teams ever constructed imo.

I agree ON...Larry Walker really got the shaft that year..he was on hi way to a huge season...loved the Expos...La Grande Orange.

Don't like them resting Price for a whole week. Pitchers usually have this mentality of pitching every 4 or 5 days, more so for an Ace. You don't want to alter his timing by resting him, unless he request for it.

What they should do is let him pitch on Saturday on a pitch count (60-80 pitches).

Edited by shiznak

Don't like them resting Price for a whole week. Pitchers usually have this mentality of pitching every 4 or 5 days, more so for an Ace. You don't want to alter his timing by resting him, unless he request for it.

What they should do is let him pitch on Saturday on a pitch count (60-80 pitches).

The odd thing is the interview I heard is that they would give him some simulated bullpen time in order to get him some work. If he's going to be skipped and rested, why not just rest him?

Well, I was wrong!!! The umps didn't use strike zone manipulation to screw over the Jays. Hopefully this trend continues throughout the Series. They may actually have a shot at the prize. I will be PO'ed if they start with their give a few inches here and take a few there like they have for so long.

Good Luck Jays. Toronto's team!!!!