The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

8 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Odor literally punched the soul out of this team

Not sure how much a GM and president have much to do with the day to day workings of a team but I'm kinda wondering if their soul is in Los Angeles somewhere.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

At least there is an established management team in place, confident in how to build a winner or stock a minor league system...oh wait.

Management team that's well experienced and established at dismantling team's and dealing it's superstars away in fire sales.

• Upvote 1

This team isnt playing with any heart at all..Donaldson is vague memory of last year ..same for EE and JB......they werent playing well before the brawl..now they are playing worse..I stand by my prediction..by the end of the season there will be  16k a game again..once the fans realize the team isnt worth their money.

Sharpio said he was going to re-evavulate the team after 40 games. We'll see if that happens or not.

Before the season started, thought that if things didn't go well expected Gibbons to be booted and Sharpio would make him the scape goat, throw him under the bus and season was done. That along with Bautista and EE dealt away in fire sales to re-stock the farm.

• Upvote 1

Back to calling them the Boo Jays. This team has been playing awful baseball lately.

It is clear that last season was an anomaly. It looks like we are reverting to their usual mediocre selves. Management is entirely to blame, they really screwed this team up by doing nothing in the offseason. Trading Revere for Storen was garbage.

Bullpen sucks. The offense is not getting it done either. Hard to win with that.

Edited by van_ws
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, gmen81 said:

So should we change the title of this thread to Seattle Mariners official baseball thread?

Personally, I'm a Giants fan.

At the moment it's kind of like supporting the Canucks back in the old "Sweat Hog" days.

regards,  G.

13 hours ago, van_ws said:

Back to calling them the Boo Jays. This team has been playing awful baseball lately.

It is clear that last season was an anomaly. It looks like we are reverting to their usual mediocre selves. Management is entirely to blame, they really screwed this team up by doing nothing in the offseason. Trading Revere for Storen was garbage.

Bullpen sucks. The offense is not getting it done either. Hard to win with that.

The only saving grace in this is that the Jays aren't the only team which is running hot and cold in different parts of their game.

It's taken the Giants (my team) around 40 games to start putting it together (almost). They've had moments where the bottom part of the starting rotation (#4 & 5) have an ERA of 10, the BP sucks and can't hold a three run lead in the 9th with one out, or have the bats go cold and lose a game by one run when they are in the bottom of the 9th, no one out and the bases loaded. The saving grace is that the Dodgers are sucking even worse than the Giants had been, with their BP, and situational hitting. so when the Giants were behind in the standings they weren't that far behind.

The same is true for the Jays. A small(ish) winning streak combined with some losses above and they are back in the race. Beat TB tonight, sweep the Twins (doable) and then the Yankees (also doable) and the Jays are on an eight game win streak and feeling pretty good about themselves when the face the Red Sox next week.

Ya' gotta' believe... for maybe next year, since it's an even number year.

Working his way up the ladder......

Toronto Blue Jays second baseman Devon Travis has taken another positive step in his recovery for shoulder surgery. The organization announced Wednesday that Travis will join the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons on Thursday.   

The 25-year-old hit .357 with two doubles and five RBIs over four games with the Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays.

Loved Khris Davis's celly against the Rangers. Bet you they're thinking about sucker punching him too..

...I would love to have seen the Texas Rangers in the locker room, all holding each other crying. Boo hoo, he threw his helmet like a basketball. That hurt my feelings. I need to call my mom, and ask her to hold me!

5 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Working his way up the ladder......

Toronto Blue Jays second baseman Devon Travis has taken another positive step in his recovery for shoulder surgery. The organization announced Wednesday that Travis will join the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons on Thursday.   

The 25-year-old hit .357 with two doubles and five RBIs over four games with the Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays.

Man I can't wait until Devon Travis is back!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

Jays need to do thing something to shake things up.

We're past 40 games, so what happened to Sharpio re-evaluating the team.

Ask and ye shall receive (From Sportsnet.ca):

The Toronto Blue Jays have been struggling at the plate, so the club tweaked its batting order for Thursday’s game against the Minnesota Twins.

The club moved Jose Bautista into the leadoff spot and placed designated hitter Edwin Encarnacion into the No. 3 spot in the lineup. Josh Donaldson returns to the No. 2 spot after a day off on Wednesday night.

The Blue Jays have struggled to find an answer at the top of their batting order, opening the season with Kevin Pillar in the role before giving an opportunity to outfielder Michael Saunders.

Bautista, 35, is hitting .222/.374/.458 with seven home runs and 28 RBI in 42 games this season.

A bit of a bizarre move, but with things going the way they are, you have to try something... Bats' BA isn't anything to write home about, but he draws a lot of walks, so I'm keeping an open mind about this move.

The thing that has bothered me lately about the Jays is the lack of quality AB's from pretty much everyone. Down by three, swinging at the first pitch? Everyone swinging for the fences....No-one trying to go the other way.... 

I know Gibby isn't very popular right now, but all he can really do is fill out the line-up card with the guys that Atkins and Shapiro have given him and hope they get it together. However, is the hitting doesn't come around soon, I think you have to take a hard look at Brook Jacoby and Eric Owens.

Edited by RUPERTKBD