The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You saw the veteran in him there. When the third base ump blew the call on what should have been strike three to Crash Davis, he just sucked it up and got back to business. Even when he walked another guy on 4 pitches, he maintained the "no problem" attitude.

A lot of guys would get rattled, but he just moved on and eventually got the strikeout of Schoop to end the game. Definitely a good guy to have in the pen.

Speaking of rattled, I saw this yesterday and thought y'all might find it kinda cool.

I'm brutal with computers so this is the best I can do in sharing it...

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FNCAACWS%2Fvideos%2F10153494068081640%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Edited by Wild Sean Monahan

So, with the Jays heading to Philly for a pair of games and Saunders injured, do we see Pompey for the first time this season?

You need more bench in the NL than the AL and Bats probably isn't 100% yet either. Goins already had to fill in for Saunders, so I don't see how DP doesn't get the call. 

45 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So, with the Jays heading to Philly for a pair of games and Saunders injured, do we see Pompey for the first time this season?

You need more bench in the NL than the AL and Bats probably isn't 100% yet either. Goins already had to fill in for Saunders, so I don't see how DP doesn't get the call. 

I'd think so. Is EE back?

2 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I'd think so. Is EE back?

Yep. (hit a 2 run dinger today) But the Jays are going to need an outfielder, which is why I think it will be Pompey. IIRC, he's hitting around .300 in Buffalo.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yep. (hit a 2 run dinger today) But the Jays are going to need an outfielder, which is why I think it will be Pompey. IIRC, he's hitting around .300 in Buffalo.

If Bats is back in the field  tomorrow they should be fine..but no outfield relief..I think you are right..Pompey might get the call,,,but for the next 2 games Smoak will be on the bench and EE will be at first with no DH.

I hope Saunders isnt out long,,but they said today it was hamstring..not his shin he hurt yesterday.

16 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Man he's hot. Saw on sportsnet that going into the last Baltimore game he had 2 walks, a douvle, and 3 bombs in his last six plate appearances. Talk about en fuego.

off the top of my head I can't think of many other options within the organization to fill in in the outfield besides DP. Is Dominic brown still around? I think he was in the organization. Mayberry Jr is gone IIRC

18 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Man he's hot. Saw on sportsnet that going into the last Baltimore game he had 2 walks, a douvle, and 3 bombs in his last six plate appearances. Talk about en fuego.

off the top of my head I can't think of many other options within the organization to fill in in the outfield besides DP. Is Dominic brown still around? I think he was in the organization. Mayberry Jr is gone IIRC

Brown is still in Buffalo, but Pompey has better numbers.