The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

8 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Grilli could have the same effect on the bullpen as LaTroy Hawkins.

Totally agree..I think I heard Buck and Tabby say the other day that he is already having that effect according to some of the younger pitchers..good to see..plus this guy still has the drive and excitement going for him..you could tell today when he struck out the side to end the game...really good addition.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Totally agree..I think I heard Buck and Tabby say the other day that he is already having that effect according to some of the younger pitchers..good to see..plus this guy still has the drive and excitement going for him..you could tell today when he struck out the side to end the game...really good addition.

Could be premature to call it a really good addition right now but it certainly has the potential. I like the move.

it was nice to see them manufacture some runs today as well as use the long ball. 6 runs (I think) coming from something other than s home run. That makes me a happy man. 

6 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

He has looked pretty damn good which is something when you are talking about the Jays pen...lol

This is how the Jays should start every game.

5-0 after the first...maybe we're starting to see a turnaround similar to last year. 

What a day for Jimenez. There was a time he was one of the best in the game...today, his ERA is 135 if my math is correct. 

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

5-0 after the first...maybe we're starting to see a turnaround similar to last year. 

What a day for Jimenez. There was a time he was one of the best in the game...today, his ERA is 135 if my math is correct. 

yep..it was June the Jays took off last year...they are playing better...taking todays game is big....horrible start for Usbaldo,,,couldnt be any worse..pulled in the first...

5 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

yep..it was June the Jays took off last year...they are playing better...taking todays game is big....horrible start for Usbaldo,,,couldnt be any worse..pulled in the first...

A big game last night for them too. Maube too soon to say but they seem to have turned a corner. Bats and EE seem to have picked it up, and JD has been better but not quite the same.

Unfortunate series of events for Sanchez. Dominated early and it's just getting away from him as the game goes on.

Good thing the bats came alive today and he has some support. Finish the inning without any further damage and that should be it.

Edit: aaaaaand it's a 1 run ballgame...

Edited by TheRussianRocket.

4 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Is it jist me or does Sanchez give up a lot of bombs? I went to the gym after the third inning so I'm only kinda watching, but that's at least three that I've seen now. It's not just today either. He lives up in the zone way too much.

That's where Martin keeps asking him to go.