The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

I think this move makes the most sense.  The one problem with the Smoltz plan was what if Sanchez was a average or slightly below after the delayed start?  You'd probably start skipping him as the games got more important and he'd never would have gotten the chance to throw more innings and you'd have the problem again the next year.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't mind the idea. It's another way to limit the innings thrown by Sanchez and Stroman for that matter.

They can always skip Liriano if a "must win" game comes up.

Seems like the right thing to do.  For now. 

Just now, gmen81 said:

Does Dickey in the pen mean that Thole has to come in as well? If so no thanks to that. 

Well if Dickie does go to the pen for the playoffs, I assume he will too.

Dickie won't see much action....they won't bring in Thole unless Dickie is starting.

Just now, Down by the River said:

Whenever Upton strikes swinging he looks like he completely expected to miss the pitch all along.

Yeah he's quickly becoming my least favourite Jay to watch hit. He's closing in on Smoak. We need the Upton of playoffs past.

also, Smoak is white-hot right now.

http://m.mlb.com/player/475253/justin-smoak

Luckily he fanned on yet another pitch, distracting the catcher and allowing for a passed ball. Just like they drew it up.

Happ now leads AL with 15 wins. Tied with Strasburg for MLB lead.

Edwin with 5th straight 30 HR year. Man is he ever gonna get paid lol. Seeing Bautista's shocking decline after what he wanted before the season began, would be more than glad to use some of that money to keep EE around. What'll likely happen is he sees what the market has to offer and I'm expecting him and JB be leave.

Edited by TheRussianRocket.

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

And still win the series 3 out of 4, take it any way we can!

Imo story that was overshadowed by the strikeouts is the fact Jays pitchers only allowed 5 runs in 4 games versus the Astros. 

That's pretty spectacular right there.