The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 hour ago, Western Red said:

Professional ball players probably don't drink much anymore during the regular season, David Wells sees the Coors light in all of them though....

Tulo is my freaking hero, not just for tonight.

Any word on the starter or are we sweating that until TUES am?

I think they were saying Liriano...but dont know if thats set in stone.

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

There's a difference when someone is a drinker, and someone who plays everyday and can't be a drinker. Hopefully you figure it out!

The body doesn't absorb the alcohol so quickly. It doesn't matter if you drink every day or once a week. Hopefully you figure that out! Its science... when you drink a beer it takes about 60 minutes for your blood to absorb the alcohol..

Edited by Down by the River

3 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

The body doesn't absorb the alcohol so quickly. It doesn't matter if you drink every day or once a week. Hopefully you figure that out! Its science... when you drink a beer it takes about 60 minutes for your blood to absorb the alcohol... don't know why you always choose to respond to my posts with either inaccurate information or just misrepresent what I'm saying.

Yes it's called Alcohol Tolerance check it out. 

9 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yes it's called Alcohol Tolerance check it out. 

The average human being metabolizes around one standard drink (0.6 oz of ethanol) per 90 minutes. 

http://www.hamsnetwork.org/tolerance/

Liver breaks down the alcohol by releasing enzymes. These enzymes target the alcohol not before it enters the blood stream, but after. So, what you're talking about again has nothing to do with what I said. 

Edited by Down by the River

29 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

The average human being metabolizes around one standard drink (0.6 oz of ethanol) per 90 minutes. 

http://www.hamsnetwork.org/tolerance/

Liver breaks down the alcohol by releasing enzymes. These enzymes target the alcohol not before it enters the blood stream, but after. So, what you're talking about again has nothing to do with what I said. 

These guys aren't drinking 1 glass every 90mins lol. Plus they're mostly drinking Champagne which has a much higher alcohol percent, and they're not sipping it they're slamming it, plus they're mixing with beer. So many factors that easily can get them drunk in 30mins. 

2 hours ago, Pears said:

Not really. Other than last week Toronto's dominated Jimienez throughout his career. 

Ubaldo's second half numbers.

60.2 IP, 2.82 ERA, 3.82 FIP, .183 OBA, 1.005 WHIP.

Career numbers against the Jays top sluggers:

Donaldson: 28AB, 1HR, .179AVG

Encarnacion: 41AB, 0HR, .200AVG

Bautista: 38AB, 0HR, .079AVG

Tulowitzki: 11AB, 0HR, .091AVG

Martin: 48AB, 0HR, .250AVG

The only guys who has had success against Jimenez (with 20+ at bats) ironically are, Saunders and Upton.

16 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Tigers lose, Jays are officially in the postseason.

Now they just gotta win so they can host the wild card game.

I watched the final half inning of the Tigers and Braves. Miggy gets a single and up comes Justin Upton with a chance to win it for Detroit and what does he do?

He stands there and watches strike three go right over the heart of the plate. What is it with that family and looking so bad on strikeouts?

16 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

who gets the WC start for the Jays,,,Stroman?

whatever happened to Dickey???

They keep saying Liriano, but if I was making the call, it'd be Stro (on a very short leash) The guys on Jays Central were talking about Liriano being a good option against Crash Davis, Alvarez (and turning Weiters around) but I see the O's as a predominantly right-handed club. Jones, Machado, Trumbo, Schoop...those are the guys I'd be more concerned about.

I don't even think Dickey will be on the post-season roster. He isn't much use out of the pen (especially since he's a package deal with Thole) and the Jays are in good shape as far as starters go.

I think the Jays go with either Liriano or Stroman for the WC game and then a three man rotation of Estrada, Happ and Sanchez, if they make the ALDS.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

I hope they go with Tillman...the Jays do well against him from what I have seen....he has had the odd good outing but I have also seen the Jays eat him up.

If I'm being honest, the only pitcher the Orioles have that really scares me is Britton. If we can avoid him we should be fine. 

Well it's official Stroman is the pitcher.

Stroman to start for Blue Jays in wild-card game.

Toronto Blue Jays right-hander Marcus Stroman will start against the Baltimore Orioles in the American League wild-card game at Rogers Centre on Tuesday, general manager Ross Atkins told MLB Network Radio.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1114439