The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

6 hours ago, Pears said:

We hit Kluber around a little when he pitched on short rest against us, so I like Chicago's chances. I'll still take them in 6.

yeah..I still think Cubs win...but Ill give it 7.

Just going over the Cubs starting 3 pitchers....Lester..Arieta and Lackey....thats pretty formidible.

Edited by ShakyWalton

Dont let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.....I would rather the picks anyway

Jose Bautista could be staying in the American League East, but just not with the Toronto Blue Jays.

The Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo reports that not only will Bautista reject a qualifying offer from the Jays, he could look to the Boston Red Sox as his next landing spot.

Bautista, 36, is widely expected to reject the qualifying offer - this year's QOs come in at $17.2 million - in search of a longer-term deal. Cafardo reports that Bautista, despite missing 46 games due to injury this season, will have multiyear offers on the table.

The allure of the Red Sox is a familiarity with manager John Farrell and third-base coach Brian Butterfield from their time in Toronto, as well as his love of playing in Fenway Park.

In 66 career games at Fenway, Bautista has hit .276 with 24 home runs, 54 runs batted in and an OPS of .972. His 24 home runs are the most he's hit at a stadium outside of Rogers Centre.

Teams have up until the fifth day after the conclusion of the World Series to make a qualifying offer to a free agent. The player then has a week from receiving the offer to accept or reject it.

In the first four offseasons of qualifying offers under the current Collective Bargaining Agreement, only three of 54 qualifying offers have been accepted. That came last year Colby Rasmus (Houston Astros), Matt Wieters (Baltimore Orioles) and Brett Anderson (Los Angeles Dodgers) accepted theirs.

The Jays are also expected to make a qualifying offer to designated hitter Edwin Encarnacion and are weighing the options of an offer to outfielder Michael Saunders.

Edited by ShakyWalton

I read the same thing. This is it guys it's officially goodbye. Jays aren't making him a long term offer and Jose has already checked in to Boston. Love what he did for the franchise and some unforgettable moments although I will admit I was never a huge JB19 fan. 

Edited by Xbox

3 hours ago, Xbox said:

I read the same thing. This is it guys it's officially goodbye. Jays aren't making him a long term offer and Jose has already checked in to Boston. Love what he did for the franchise and some unforgettable moments although I will admit I was never a huge JB19 fan. 

The first few seasons I loved him...bashing all those dingers...the last few...not so much..I wont miss him or his crappy personality.

• Upvote 2

Personally I would of liked if Bautista took the qualifying offer, and showed everyone next year he still has it, because this year was an injury year. Although there are teams who know what he is capable of doing, especially in his previous years when he's healthy. Some of the things he says or does, do come off as arrogant not going to miss that part of him, but at least he could back it up on the field. Anyways he will easily get a mutli year contract so good bye Bautista.