The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

11 hours ago, shiznak said:

Just came in here to jump on the Smoak bandwagon and admit I was wrong about this guy.

Just came in to gloat that I was one of the few (only?) who defended him, going back to when he was extended. :P

Bragging rights aside, with the way all-star voting goes, does anyone think he has a chance of getting in the game?

It was different last year, because Saunders is an outfielder and there are more spots available, but I think Smoak is in tough trying to crack 1B.

They really need to win today and win the series, can't lose 2 series in a row they just can't be doing that anymore. Rumor is Estrada will be traded if they lose ground in the playoffs come trade deadline July 31, would hate to see a fire sale this year. With Yankees and Boston doing so well, the Jays need to step it up a level and start taking games over early.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

After every big Jays win, I can't help but think about where @ShakyWalton is at...

Any idea where he's at? It isn't the same without him. We always had a good time during last year's playoff run. It was fun. For the time being, JD is feeling it. You can tell he's seeing the ball really well. 

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

After every big Jays win, I can't help but think about where @ShakyWalton is at...

I always hope he will come back, but he hasn't been here since February and another user was telling me he was having medical issues. I really hope he didn't pass away.

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

haps the familyAfter every big Jays win, I can't help but think about where @ShakyWalton is at...

3 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Any idea where he's at? It isn't the same without him. We always had a good time during last year's playoff run. It was fun. For the time being, JD is feeling it. You can tell he's seeing the ball really well. 

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

I always hope he will come back, but he hasn't been here since February and another user was telling me he was having medical issues. I really hope he didn't pass away.

I wonder if he left enough info on this site, with all his posts, for us to track him down? Iirc he posted he had been a dj and might have said when he retired. If we narrow it down maybe Red Robinson or even Bruce Allen would know who he was/is?

Sounds a bit like cyber stalking, but if he did pass on, perhaps the family would like to know that he is missed here? Seemed like one of the good guys.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

My favourite player comes in the clutch B)

I thought JD was your favourite player since I remember you were saying you had his jersey. Nevertheless, feels good to get the W and within a game of .500 again. Can't screw this up. Need to win tonight to pull back into the division race. 

9 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I thought JD was your favourite player since I remember you were saying you had his jersey. Nevertheless, feels good to get the W and within a game of .500 again. Can't screw this up. Need to win tonight to pull back into the division race. 

I love JD but that jersey was a gift for someone who's favourite player is JD :)

I got a Martin jersey as soon as we signed him and his jersey number was official!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

I love JD but that jersey was a gift for someone who's favourite player is JD :)

I got a Martin jersey as soon as we signed him and his jersey number was official!

Ahh right. Clutch player. Strange that we don't have a proper backup so he can get his rest from time to time but Maile has been a pleasant surprise and a good pickup by the management team so far. Everyone has been picking up the slack without Travis which is great to see

• Upvote 1