The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis Fired

Strombone1

Fan Poll  

324 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And back-to-back first round exits...

Its just the wrong time.

I don't think he should have a million lives but I think this team had a better chance of rebounding next year with him than bringing in someone else.

I worry the new GM will go with the rebuild mode & we will have to wait atleast a decade to get anywhere near contending again.

Crazy.

If they hire Linden or Nazzy as GM, they're done. Rookies at the job given it cause of their name...I really hope they don't.

You realize that Nazzy is the GM for Modo, right?

Linden = El Presidente

Nazzy = GM

What is it with this team going to the finals, then underperforming, then bringing in a hard-line ex-Rangers coach, having it all go to crap, and then canning the GM?

Hope it turns out better this time.

No kidding eh.

First time tragedy, second time farce.

Guy misses the playoffs 1 year in his entire run as GM after having the most success this franchise has ever seen & ownership fires him HAHAHAHA.

What a joke this ownership group is.

No dude, it's the drastic decline in only 3 years, while teams like Chi and Bos keep improving. From SCF, out in 5, out in 4, no playoffs....That is a problem

Gillis tenure is like a tale of two (hockey) cities. He made some good moves early on, but in the last 3 years he's failed badly.

Please hire Bob Nickleson! He'd have all kinds of respect with other GMs for future trades etc...not to mention the CBC clowns would hesitate, at least for a second or two, in skewering the Canucks.

To people saying "he had to go", do you remember when they said that about Vigneault? Remember how that worked out for us?

Seems the Rangers are doing just fine with the guy that was "the" problem last year.

Archived